Home Forums Basel support forum PHP 7.2 Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implement

PHP 7.2 Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implement

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

rtkcloud
    Participant

Hi,
    I get this error when changing to the new php 7.2.x

This has been solved in the new (todate) wordpress 4.9.6, see: https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/43374

My question is: will BASEL issue an immediate update to resolve the same? As I do get these issues.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please, describe us your problems in a bit more details. Attach some screenshots and provide us a list of steps how to reproduce it on your website.

Thank you in advance.

rtkcloud
    Participant

Artem,

the warning I mentioned is being logged in our server log file.
    As such no issue on front (browser).

But as you know, warnings should not be there. performance wise.

So appreciate if you could try BASEL on a PHP v7.2 and see for yourself if BASEL is PHP v7.2 READY – make sense?

thanks

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Please, send us the warning you are talking about. The one you see in the error log file.

Thank you

rtkcloud
    Participant

For example (among the others):

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /var/www/public/wp-content/themes/basel/sidebar-footer.php on line 14

If you can run BASEL on a LAMP stack with PHP v7.2, analyse the log for yourself to see where it needs some refactoring to be 7.2 compatible?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Do you have the latest version of our theme installed?

rtkcloud
    Participant

I have just checked on our dashboard, I see BASEL Version: 3.9.2.
    Can you confirm if this is OK or if we are late on updates?

Our dashboard is not reporting any new version.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

No, it is not the latest version. You can download the latest version from your account on ThemeForest. Here is an instruction that should help you https://xtemos.com/docs/basel/update-theme/

Tagged: ,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)