Home Forums WoodMart support forum PHP Fatal, when updating woodmart theme.

PHP Fatal, when updating woodmart theme.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author

elnor
    Participant

Hello, got this error just now.

4 PHP Fatal Uncaught Error: Class “WOODMART_Mega_Menu_Walker” not found
    Stack trace:
    #0 /wp-content/themes/woodmart/inc/modules/header-builder/elements/abstract/class-element.php(77): require()
    #1 /wp-content/themes/woodmart/inc/modules/header-builder/class-frontend.php(210): XTS\Modules\Header_Builder\Element->render(Array, ”)
    #2 /wp-content/themes/woodmart/inc/modules/header-builder/class-frontend.php(198): XTS\Modules\Header_Builder\Frontend->render_element(Array)
    #3 /wp-content/themes/woodmart/inc/modules/header-builder/class-frontend.php(198): XTS\Modules\Header_Builder\Frontend->render_element(Array)
    #4 /wp-content/themes/woodmart/inc/modules/header-builder/class-frontend.php(198): XTS\Modules\Header_Builder\Frontend->render_element(Array)
    #5 /wp-content/themes/woodmart/inc/modules/header-builder/class-frontend.php(149): XTS\Modules\Header_Builder\Frontend->render_element(Array)
    #6 /wp-content/themes/woodmart/inc/modules/header-builder/functions.php(25): XTS\Modules\Header_Builder\Frontend->generate_header()
    #7 /wp-content/themes/woodmart-child/header.php(84): whb_generate_header()
    #8 /wp-includes/template.php(810): require_once(‘/data01/virt902…’)
    #9 /wp-includes/template.php(745): load_template(‘/data01/virt902…’, true, Array)
    #10 /wp-includes/general-template.php(48): locate_template(Array, true, true, Array)
    #11 /wp-content/themes/woodmart-child/templates/home.php(2): get_header()
    #12 /wp-includes/template-loader.php(106): include(‘/data01/virt902…’)
    #13 /wp-blog-header.php(19): require_once(‘/data01/virt902…’)
    #14 /index.php(17): require(‘/data01/virt902…’)
    #15 {main} thrown in /wp-content/themes/woodmart-child/header-elements/menu.php on line 14
    Theme: Woodmart Child
    File: /wp-content/themes/woodmart-child/header-elements/menu.php
    Line: 14

How should I fix it?

Best regards

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thank you so much for purchasing our theme and contacting our support center.

Please disable any plugins not directly related to our theme and provide us with your admin access details. Also, switch to the parent theme in Appearance -> Themes. We will log in to your dashboard and investigate the issue. Please ensure that you only keep the following plugins that are necessary for our theme to work correctly:
    – WoodMart core
    – WooCommerce
    – Elementor/WPBakery Page Builder

Thank you in advance.

elnor
    Participant

Hello,

Thank you for your response, I have provided you with the admin details.

Looking forward to getting this fixed.

Best regards,

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Please switch to the parent theme in Appearance -> Themes.

elnor
    Participant

Hello,

I switched to parent theme.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We don’t see the error on your website now. Could you please test it from your end?

elnor
    Participant

The problem happens when the child theme is active.

elnor
    Participant

Hello!

Any update on this?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

If the problems happen with the child theme only, then it is not caused by WoodMart. Most likely, you have added some custom code to the child theme, which causes this. You need to either fix it or remove it from the child theme.

elnor
    Participant

This happened when I updated my woodmart from woodmart 4.x to the latest version, it says that it needs WOODMART_Mega_Menu_Walker but where should this be located at? Because I do not see this anywhere, is there any way I can update the child theme like I updated my woodmart theme?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

This class is renamed. You can find it in the file wp-content/themes/woodmart/inc/modules/mega-menu-walker/class-mega-menu-walker.php

elnor
    Participant

Could you tell me how to make sure the class is found by the themes? Because right now it seems like the problem is with the class not being found.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

The problem is that you copied the class from the old version of the theme and it is no longer compatible. If you want to override it you need to copy it from the latest version of the theme. Note that additional customizations like that are out of our theme support scope and we don’t have instructions for this.

elnor
    Participant

I have Woodmart version 5.0.2 installed on the website I manage. Could the problem be resolved by gradually updating the theme, one version at a time, until it reaches the latest release? Would using major updates in this process be a viable solution?

elnor
    Participant

Could you provide me older versions of woodmart?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We don’t provide older versions of the theme, and it will not solve the problem. You need to either remove the code from the child theme or make the customization from scratch, taking the class from the latest version.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)