Home Forums Basel support forum Pop up newsletter not working

Pop up newsletter not working

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

drcharo
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve noticed that the popup newsletter does not work with the latest Basel update.It doesn’t show up at all.
    I’ve also tried customizing it in the theme settings but there is no button to click to upload/change the image (I had to add it in the txt code section) but it is still not working.

Could you please resolve?

Thanks,
    Charity

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please, provide us your admin access so we can login and check this on your side.

Thank you in advance.

drcharo
    Participant

Admin access provided.

Thanks.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Please, send us your FTP access as well. We don’t see any problems in the configuration.

drcharo
    Participant

Could you please explain what you mean by the configuration is okay? When I browse the link, the pop-up never comes up even if I click to another page and wait more than 30 seconds.
    Also when I go into Theme settings > Shop > Promo Popup, and I click the edit button and the Image Details box opens up, there is no option to change the image. I had to add the image there through the txt tab. So if I want to change the image, how do I do so?
    I didn’t have this issue in the theme version before the latest update.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We mean that the popup should work now, but there is some problem with the code and we want to check what is wrong. Please, send us your FTP access.

drcharo
    Participant

FTP access provided.

Thanks.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We don’t see any changes when editing JS files on your website. How can we edit this file? /wp-content/themes/basel/js/functions.js

drcharo
    Participant

I’m not that tech savvy so I’ve never touched that file before.
    Do you want to add a code to it?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We need to check it with some breakpoints. But when we edit it, we don’t see any changes on the website. Maybe you have some cache or run Cloudflare. Or you gave a wrong FTP access.

drcharo
    Participant

I’ve now deactivated the Cloudflare. The FTC access is correct. Please try again.

Thanks.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Still can’t edit anything. You can try by yourself. Open this file on FTP /wp-content/themes/basel/js/functions.js and add any line there. Then open it directly in the browser and check https://dobidaniels.com/wp-content/themes/basel/js/functions.js

drcharo
    Participant

I tried it and it worked. I left in what I wrote: “Testing to see if this works.” so that you can see that it edited. I believe it’s the fifth line in the js.

Could you try again from your end?

Thanks.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Strange, we remove your code but it is still there https://gyazo.com/5dc32e6275de84001a20ff4ff31d6956

drcharo
    Participant

I’ve gone back to remove it. I had to export the js file, make the change, and import it back in.

So how can we resolve this pop up issue? Is there a code you need me to change or update in that js file?

Please let me know. Thanks.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We decreased the time a bit and now it should work correctly https://gyazo.com/88233180357a1671f176821d165732ba

drcharo
    Participant

Okay. Thanks. I can finally see the pop up for the first time.
    But is there an easier way to change the image if I want without changing it the txt section? Clicking the edit button in the theme settings brings up the image details but no way to change the image (unlike in the earlier Basel version).

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Currently, you have popup HTML code in your Theme Settings and you should be able just to replace image path with a new one https://gyazo.com/8a0ae2ac16d1bc2da44e6abb53b92885
    We suggest you create a new HTML Block in Dashboard using WPBakery page builder that is a much easier way and doesn’t require coding skills. Then, just put this block’s shortcode to the promo popup field in Theme Settings.
    Note that we didn’t change anything in our updates regarding promo popup functionality.

drcharo
    Participant

Thanks for the suggestion. I still believe you need to look at the image details box that comes up when you want to edit an image. I just noticed when I tried to update the image in the About Me page that the image details box that pops when you click the edit button has lost that same functionality to just adjust the image without using html code. You may not have touched it in the update but given I have seen the same issue in the About Me page outside of the pop up page, that functionality has now been affected. Not every customer wants to be using an html code for the functionality that used to work with the click of a button.

I would appreciate if you investigated this further.

drcharo
    Participant

I just found another issue. When i want to add a button to a page using the WP Bakery Builder, and I add a link for the button, clicking the “set link” button takes me away to the posts section of my dashboard without saving the link.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please, describe to us your problems in a bit more details. Attach some screenshots and provide us with a list of steps on how to reproduce it on your website.

Thank you in advance.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)