Home Forums WoodMart support forum Portfolio page + Visual Composer Elements

Portfolio page + Visual Composer Elements

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Sergio
    Participant

Hi, Hope you’re doing well!

Regarding Portfolio I’d like to know if there’s any way to make one of the following options available:
    a) Is there’s any way I can include Visual Composer elements to the portfolio page… (Text and so on)?

b) In case I can’t do this, then in the single project page, would it be possible to change the Url where the small squares button “back to projects” button points? As of now, it will send you to the “portfolio” URL, but if I can not include VC elements on it, I’ll need to send the customers to a different page.

Thank you!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Thank you very much for choosing our theme and for contacting us.

The portfolio page is the functional page, we do not recommend adding any content there.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to redirect this button.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

Sergio
    Participant

Not even entering it on the php page of the portfolio?.

If there’s no way to do that, then how can I make the single project button to dissapear? I want to use the “previous and next project buttons” but the “squared button” it is useless in my case.

Thanks

Hello,

There is a workaround. You can create a custom page, add any content there and then add the Portfolio element from the WP bakery chart and show this page, it would have all the functionality of the Portfolio page and the possibility to add your content.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

Sergio
    Participant

I know that, I’ve already done it as you can see it in one of the screenshots I already sent this morning.

I’ll try to explain with an example:

I’m in the page I’ve already created with the portfolio and VC elements. But the main problem is when you click on one project of the portfolio it will take you to this “single project” page in which, at the bottom of the project page you’ll find the “next project” “previous project” buttons (which I want to maintain) AND the squared button in the middle.

This button (the squared one which is useless for me) is the one that needs to disappear as it sends you to the “portfolio page” (which I don’t have nor want to) or it will send you nowhere if you have no portfolio page. So it’s useless…

Summarizing: How do I get rid off of the squared button?

Thanks,

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Please add this code to the Theme Settings > Custom CSS > Global:

.back-to-archive{
    display:none;
    }

You can install a redirection plugin and redirect the portfolio page to your custom page.

Best Regards

Sergio
    Participant

Thanks! That solved it.
    And thanks about the redirecting plugin but it seems that Google doesn’t like it very much for an important page like this… 🙁
    Take care and have a nice weekend!

Hello,

In this case, you can keep the page on the site but not show in the menu. The only way to hide it is redirecting, please consult with an SEO expert to find out if such influences the site range considerably.

Best Regards

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)