Home Forums Basel support forum Post Product Carousel

Post Product Carousel

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Teuvo
    Participant

When using the Post (Product) Carousel I’m not able to select any categories or tags in the Build Query section?

I select categories I have set up and the wheel just spins.

Please advise.

Thank you,

Teuvo
    Participant

Ok I just realized that the category section will select Post categories but no Product categories? Even though it is selected for Product.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We suggest you update the theme to the latest version where we have improved our “Products” element. You will be able to use this element as a carousel and set any category, sale, feature products etc.

Regards

Teuvo
    Participant

Thank you for the reply. I have Version: 2.3.1 installed is that the latest version?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

The latest version is 2.4.1. There is no this feature in 2.3.1.

Teuvo
    Participant

Why don’t I see an update on my theme settings? How do I update?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You can download the latest version on ThemeForest -> Downloads. Just reupload new theme via Appearance -> Themes but install this plugin firstly https://wordpress.org/plugins/easy-theme-and-plugin-upgrades/

Teuvo
    Participant

Great thank you. Do I need to upload both the new theme and the child theme?

Teuvo
    Participant

Afer theme update, which deleted many of my settings including my widget settings, the category select function is still not working on the Product Carousel?

Please advice what to do next.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Actually, theme update can’t delete any settings, especially widgets configuration. Probably you switched to the child theme after the update. In WordPress when you change a theme in Appearance -> Themes widgets configuration may be lost.

Now you can use “Products (grid or carousel)” element for this purpose.

Regards

Teuvo
    Participant

When I updated the theme as you suggested it did remove all my widget content. I then turned back on the Child Theme 1.0. Is that the correct way to do it? Or do I also need to update the Child Theme as well?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You don’t need to update the theme. Just replace your Basel parent theme for update.

Teuvo
    Participant

Perfect. I have done that and the Product Carousel feature still doesn’t seem to be working?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Check please Xtemos text page created in your admin panel. But we see one more small issue with the carousel, number of products per slide option is not working. Are you able to give us your FTP access so we could check why it doesn’t work?

Regards

Teuvo
    Participant

Yes of course

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Done, please check now.

Teuvo
    Participant

This doesn’t seem be working still:

http://sexymamamaternity.com/xtemos-test/

When I select Featured category nothing comes up? When using Post Carousel and Build query under Post Content.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We have added “Products (grid or carousel)” element to show particular category featured products. And we can see one product displayed on the page (you have only one feature product in this category). Please check how we created this page in admin panel.

Regards

Teuvo
    Participant

Only one? Am I missing something?

http://sexymamamaternity.com/product-category/featured

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We got you wrong, we thought that you want to show products marked as featured from particular category. If you want just to show products from a category named “featured” then just edit this element on the page with Visual Composer and select it.

Regards

Teuvo
    Participant

I still don’t understand.

I’m using the Post Product Carousel and when I go into Build Query I can not select a category?

Please help me understand what you’re suggesting as a solution.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

But you don’t need to use Post Product Carousel. Use “Products (grid or carousel)” instead.

Regards

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)