Home Forums WoodMart support forum pot file delete and restore

pot file delete and restore

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

alegro2
    Participant

i have made mistake and permanently delate woodmart.pot file in loco translate; how to add corecctly that file again?

I have tried to add directly from oryginal theme package via filezila but I get 0kb (empty) file (oryginally is about 170 KB) Loco shows”Error: Empty PO data”

hope is easy issue

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We are glad to know that you considered using WoodMart for your web-site. I hope you will be happy with it.

You need to remove all the translations for our theme in Loco Translate plugin first. Then, upload an original POT file to its location in our theme folder. After that, you should be able to create new translations as shown in our video tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3NsDdMzsls

Kind Regards
    Xtemos

alegro2
    Participant

Thank you for your help, but I have other problem now…

I have updated woodmart to the last ver.1.10 and lost my translation in loco plugin…is translation necessary after every theme update?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Seems that you stored your translations files in our theme folder. You need to keep them in wp-content/languages/themes folder as described in our video tutorial.

alegro2
    Participant

I keep in folder as you show in manual; let’s see attech please

I have updated woocommerce plugin ver.3.3.0 too, maybe it could be a reason why I lost my translation?

Loco FAQ shows that system location is unsafe (“This location is under the global language installation directory (WP_LANG_DIR). Files saved here can be overwritten by WordPress’s own language installer, so don’t save files here unless you’ve disabled automatic translation updates.) Is it true?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Strange, but we never faced this issue before. All our customers store their po files in that folder and they can’t be overridden by our theme update or WooCommerce update.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)