Home Forums Basel support forum Problem adding products to the cart & wishlist

Problem adding products to the cart & wishlist

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author

duvigroup
    Participant

We’re having some issues with adding products to the cart and wishlist. They all get removed in a few seconds or while refreshing the page. We were in contact with our server providers, since we initially though it was a problem with their CDN caching. However, after testing, it appears that there are no issues if using the default theme.

Therefore, we’d like to know if you could help us resolve it, seeing as it appears to be a problem with the Basel theme. I’ve included the WP login details, as well as the SFTP details.

Thanks in advance.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Could you please disable all plugins that are not related to our theme and provide us your admin access so we can check it?

Thank you in advance

duvigroup
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve disabled all unrelated plugins. And the details for admin access are, like mentioned, listed in my previous post.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Could you please check also how it works with some default WordPress theme like twentysixteen to understand is it our theme issue or not?

Regards

duvigroup
    Participant

I have checked it indeed, like I mentioned in my initial post.

Regards

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Sorry, we see it. OK, we also see that you have modified our theme in the child theme. Could you please temporarily switch to the parent theme?

duvigroup
    Participant

No worries! I’ve changed it to the parent theme now. Still having issues with it, though.

duvigroup
    Participant

Now it seems I can add ONE product to the cart, but any other items that I try to add won’t stay in the cart.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

The strange thing is that something wrong with your product page and your products show the information a few times even with other themes https://gyazo.com/804e60029ddbdd9663ca817b10008ee2

duvigroup
    Participant

Our site is in multiple languages and currencies (having copies of the products in different langauges). That bug is probably because of WPML being disabled, I’d guess. Since you asked me to disable all unrelated plugins, I disabled it as well.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

OK, please, enable WPML only.

duvigroup
    Participant

Done.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We have disabled AJAX add to cart for the product page. Please, check how it works now.

duvigroup
    Participant

Hmm, yes that seems to have fixed the issue with the cart. Any clue why this happens? We have another site operating with your theme, and we have no issue there.

duvigroup
    Participant

Also, the wishlist counter is acting up. It doesn’t seem to keep up with the number of items in the wishlist.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Try to disable these plugins also http://prntscr.com/l6az1h http://prntscr.com/l6az7y

duvigroup
    Participant

Those are mandatory. I’m unable to disable them.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

But they may break this functionality.

duvigroup
    Participant

I don’t believe that could be the problem, since our other site (using the same theme, and having those plugins as well) doesn’t have this issue. You can check the site out here:

https://designljus.se/

duvigroup
    Participant

Any more luck looking into it?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Please, disable those plugins anyway. Some of them is causing this problem.

duvigroup
    Participant

I’ve been in contact with our WP hosting-providers (who are the ones behind those plugins). Here’s their reply:

”That would not be something that could be done – Even if they get deleted they get pushed back in eventually.”

And like I said, our other site (Using the Basel Theme & those same plugins) is not having this issue. How can you tell that these plugins are causing the issue? Surely it must be something else? Wouldn’t we have the same issue on our other site if this was the case?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We tried to disable them for a moment and this functionality worked correctly without them.

duvigroup
    Participant

Can you show me how you disabled them so i can see for myself that it works without it?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

duvigroup
    Participant

Okay, thanks for taking the time to show me how you disabled it, but in this case it falls to one of the sides to make their code compatible with each other i guess? As a theme developer i understand you should attempt to make your theme compatible with a huge hosting provider such as wp-engine. Let me know if there is nothing you will be able to do about this problem. It feels a bit inconvenient for me as a customer to not be made aware of the fact that your theme is not supported with wp-engine’s standardized plugins.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Actually, it should work well with this hosting. As you said, it works on your another website. There is something wrong, particularly with that plugins.

duvigroup
    Participant

I really don’t mind fixing it myself, but I need to know where to start, if that makes sense? Are there any details you could give me regarding the functionality of the wishlist counter, so that I could pass that on?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

To update the wishlist count in the header, it should perform an AJAX request. But something caches this request and it doesn’t return actual information. Maybe it would be easier for you simply hide this counter number.

duvigroup
    Participant

Hi again,

We’ve been debugging this in-house. My developer wants to know if there’s a way to temporarily disabling the Basel’s wishlist functionality completely?

Thanks in advance

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 33 total)