Home Forums Basel support forum Problem with checkout.js

Problem with checkout.js

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

studioumbrella
    Participant

Hi,
    When going to the checkout page, if all three fields of the CC info (card number, date and code) are empty, clicking on “Place order” tries to make the purchase by sending the info to the gateway instead of showing an error notification.

Also, if I choose Paypal as the payment option and click on “place order”, then it also tries to process the Credit card.

Thank you.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Could you please check how it works with some default WordPress theme like twentysixteen to understand is it our theme issue or not?

Regards

studioumbrella
    Participant

Yes, I checked and it works fine with the basic template.
    When choosing PayPal, I get a relevant PayPal error (An error (2) occurred while processing your PayPal payment.) and when choosing the credit card, I get a relevant CC error (“Something is wrong with the expiration date on your card.” – although I would expect it to say that none of the fields have been filled out).

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

In this case, please, describe to us your problems in a bit more details. Attach some screenshots and provide us with a list of steps on how to reproduce it on your website. Show us some screenshots of how it works with standard theme comparing to Basel.

Thank you in advance.

studioumbrella
    Participant

Here is the site:
    http://clients.studioumbrella.com/postermama/
    add a product to the cart and go to checkout.
    Then you can proceed to payment. I’ve just realized that sometimes on the first time you try, it works and it redirects to Paypal. But if you go back and try again, you get the error from the CC gateway plugin as if it tried to send the CC data to it – but the Paypal option was selected.
    I think the problem is with the event listener of the button. It’s not following exactly which option is being selected/deselected.
    You’ll see the problem quite quickly.
    Thank you!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Just complete an order on your website without any problems. Please, send us some screenshots because we can’t understand the problem.

studioumbrella
    Participant

Yes, I too was successful once…
    Did you try to select Paypal, then click back after the redirect to Paypal and then again? Even after I refresh I get an error. See the error in the console. It isn’t an error on your JS files, but I believe that it’s a problem with the event listener not recognizing the change between payment options…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Yes, I tried that and didn’t see anything. And our theme doesn’t have any event listeners for checkout page. All scripts come with WooCommerce plugin and our theme doesn’t influence this process. Your screenshot doesn’t indicate any problems in JS files.

studioumbrella
    Participant

I see… but I wonder how this is working for you? Can you tell me which browser you’re testing with? Why does this work without the theme installed, but doesn’t when the theme is active?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We are testing in Google Chrome. Try to disable all external plugins and check again.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)