Home Forums WoodMart support forum Problem with migrating site from development subdomain to root domain

Problem with migrating site from development subdomain to root domain

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

fyccn
    Participant

We have moved our site out of a development subdomain to the root live domain as we were finally ready to launch our new site. Upon doing so, the theme deactivated the demo content we were using. We had installed your Toys demo but the site stopped using it. I re-activated Toys in the Woodmart | Pre-built websites area and that didn’t fix it.

Please compare the header shown on https://fyccn.org/ with the header shown on https://shop.fyccn.org/

How do we get the header from the shop site to display again on the launched site on the root domain?

I deactivated shop.fyccn.org on our account here and registered fyccn.org, but that didn’t solve it either.

Please advise.

Hello,

Sorry to hear about the inconvenience.

Could you please once confirm if you have selected the correct Header Layout on your main Site under the Dashboard > Theme Settings > General > Layout > Header: https://ibb.co/v4m6NQ2

If yes and you are still facing an issue then kindly share both Sites WP-ADMIN Login details with us so that we can proceed further with checking this issue on your Site and assist you accordingly.

Best Regards

fyccn
    Participant

It showed the correct header, but the header reverted to the default. All the edits I had made previously were gone. I solved it by rebuilding the header as I had it before.

There really should be a better way to migrate a site from a development subdomain to the root domain without breaking any functionality. I had to spend a week rebuilding all content/functionality that was lost due to switching the domain. Most of that was not related to your theme and was related to other premium plugins we’re using that similarly did not allow things to remain the same through a domain change.

I fully understand that you have to prevent people from using your premium products on multiple sites through the licensing, but there should be an easier way to transition from development site to live site where there is no intent to misuse your product. Perhaps there is an easier way to handle that migration and I just missed seeing it, or just have never been shown.

Anyway, I think we have the header fixed now. Thanks for getting me looking in the right place to figure out what happened.

Hello,

Sorry to hear about all the inconvenience caused.

Sorry to say Site Migration is a concern which isn’t included in the Item Support policy so we can’t say much about that.

Actually, it is not possible to know how the website will look after you activate our Theme on the Live website since we are not aware of any plugins, widgets, shortcodes or maybe some customizations in code made on it. If you want to make it look like the live preview on ThemeForest then you just need to import our dummy content on the fresh WordPress installation. This information is described in our documentation and it is the natural way how any WordPress theme on Themeforest works. So as an alternative, you can install our theme to the existing website but we are not responsible for any issues that may be caused by your previous website code, settings, content etc. Of course, we will help you with all the problems that will be related to our theme. But if you are asking about the safest way, then it should be made as we described previously. Also, it is not necessary to do this on your live website. We suggest you duplicate it on your server and do all the work there. Then, you will be able to transfer to a newly developed website instead of your existing one.

Lastly, we are glad that we could be of some help.

Feel free to contact us anytime, when you have any additional questions.

Thanks for contacting us!
    Have a great day !

Topic Closed.
    Best Regards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Problem with migrating site from development subdomain to root domain’ is closed to new replies.