Home Forums WoodMart support forum Problem with proper background view.

Problem with proper background view.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

schluesseldiscount
    Participant

Hello,
    We have a huge problem with our website.

We constantly have a problem with background. Once for some time word press decides to take a random picture from our media that we uploaded and multiplies it to create a background across all pages.

Usually clearing cache helped, but now it stopped working.

Please help.

Best,
    Jakub

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

I saw the screenshot you attached. Please check by activating some default WordPress theme how it behaves just the check whether the issue is with our theme or not.

Regard’s.
    Xtemos Studio.

schluesseldiscount
    Participant

Thank you for quick respond.
    Fortunately/unfortunately problem disappeared, after multiple cache clear.

No idea how to trigger it for proper testing. I guess we have to wait till next time (and it will happen, as always, but its random).

Please do not close the topic, after couple of days problem should occur again and then i will test it and report about my findings here.

Also, does changing the theme will affect in any way the website? Any data loss, new setting or whatever? We cannot afford to loose any data.

Best,
    Jakub

Hello,

Ok we will wait for you to reply on this until the problem reoccurs. Because without seeing the problem

we are unable to suggest anything.

And changing the theme will not lose data. You can take a complete backup of the website before switching the themes.

Regard’s.
    Xtemos Studio.

schluesseldiscount
    Participant

Thank for info.

“Fortunately” problem reoccurred today! Will make a security copy and test other theme.

If you can, please have a look at the current website. I instructed other coworkers not to do anything with it for couple of hours. We cannot leave this state for too long, clients are calling at complaining that nothing is visible.

Best,
    Jakub

schluesseldiscount
    Participant

S**t, problem corrected itself :/ No one touched anything and its gone.

So we know new fact about the problem. It occurs and disappears on its own after short while. I wasted time to make a security copy from FTP, could not test other theme.

If you can confirm that no settings, no data, no style will be lost, then next time will just try to change theme right away.

Unfortunately we have really shitty server, they dont make security copy for free :/

Best,
    Jakub

Hello,

As I mentioned in one of my previous replies you won’t lose any data while switching and checking the themes.

But we also recommend you take a complete backup of the website before doing the theme switching process to overcome any issue if occurs.

Regard’s.
    Xtemos Studio.

hitnomije
    Participant

Same problem here. Every few hours a random image is all over the background making the webshop unusable. Sometimes, clearing the cache helps and sometimes not. On mobile it’s even worse and stays broken for hours. Looks like the CSS haven’t been loaded properly. We are using a Cloudflare service combined with the Siteground hosting. When I open the Chrome console to inspect the site, it shows that image is set as a background which is odf because it shouldn’t be.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

@hitnomije
    I saw the screenshot you attached. Please create a separate topic and explain in detail what issue you are having with some relevant screenshot with the URL of the website to check it myself and help you out accordingly.

Best Regards.

hitnomije
    Participant

schluesseldiscount, here’s what you need to do, just go to the theme settings and set the main background (the one on the top) to white instead of transparent and your problem will be gone.
    I have had the same issue and it has been taken care of by doing that.

Hello,

@hitnomije
    Thanks for your suggestion. Your solution might be helpful for someone who is facing the same issue.

Regard’s.
    Xtemos Studio.

schluesseldiscount
    Participant

@hitnomije, just changed background across all the pages in theme settings. Thank you sooo much. If this helps, you will be my hero!

Will report in couple of days if that helped to confirm this solution for other users that could encounter this problem.

hitnomije
    Participant

No problem, glad to help. The theme is great. Looks like it pulls out the default background image defined in css. If the image is not in the cache than it shows a random image instead. Developers should set the white background for the page and contetnt body as a default setting in case the image is not loaded properly. Only my suggestion…

schluesseldiscount
    Participant

Unfortunately problem was not solved. One of my coworkers yesterday in late evening spotted this problem again. Despite me changing background to white in Theme settings -> Styles and colors -> Background colors. I’ve instructed my coworkers to notice me immediately when problem occurs so i can try changing the theme :/ @hitnomije, could you write complete path where i should change the background? Maybe i misunderstood you and I’m changing it in wrong place?

hitnomije
    Participant

I have only set the white background on a fallowing place:

Theme settings
    Styles and colors
    PAGES BACKGROUND
    Site background
    Set background image or color for body. Only for BOXED layout.

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)