Home Forums WoodMart support forum Problem with theme settings in a local wp site

Problem with theme settings in a local wp site

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

benv
    Participant

Hello, I contact you because I have a problem with my Woodmart theme.

I’m working on a local client’s site with the Woodmart theme I’m used to use.

I realized that all theme settings are “bug”. Specifically, when I’m in the admin and I click in the theme settings, everything freezes. When I click on the different elements of the settings nothing happens.

But on my other Woodmart sites which are online, there is no such problem, the theme settings work correctly.

So where does this problem come from? (knowing that it is an official license purchased recently). Is it local (I have created several woodmart locally and I didn’t have this problem beforeā€¦)

Thanks for your quick feedback

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

Please deactivate all plugins except these ones:

WPBakery Page Builder or Elementor
    Woodmart Core
    WooCommerce

Please switch to the parent theme if you use the child. After that, recheck the issue with Theme Settings.

Kind Regards

benv
    Participant

I did it and nothing has changed. I still can not modify the settings

benv
    Participant

I just noticed that I couldn’t change the header either, the changes don’t apply

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

Please move that website to the staging platform so I can investigate the issue there.

Looking forward to collaborating with you!

Kind Regards

benv
    Participant

I don’t understand what you are asking me. Can you be more clear?

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

I meant about creating a staging development copy of your website. As I right understood, you have this issue on the local website so in this case we cannot check the issue.

https://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-create-staging-environment-for-a-wordpress-site/

Kind Regards

benv
    Participant

The principle of working the site locally is to not have to pay for hosting or domain name. I would like to understand why your theme does not work locally when there was no problem before.

benv
    Participant

Once the site is online I won’t need your help as the problem will surely be solved. But I want to work locally.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

In this case, please send me a video of that issue and show there the browser console for a better understanding.

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Kind Regards

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)