Home Forums WoodMart support forum Problem with WPML/Woocommerce

Problem with WPML/Woocommerce

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

nhakeem
    Participant

Hello,
    I’ve been working on your theme for a while and everything is great, never had any problems up until now.
    WPML translation is not working as it should in translating Woocommerce products. I have opened a case with WPML and they are looking into it, but couldn’t resolve it yet.
    I thought if you can have a look from your side, you probably have faced similar issues with another website or so, any help would be appreciated.
    The problem is that the products count is different between the languages and translated products are showing as duplicates. Meaning that when you browse the english version you can find the same product listed twice: 1 in english and 1 in the second language.

Thank you in advance

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please, describe to us your problems in a bit more details. Attach some screenshots and provide us with a list of steps on how to reproduce them on your website.

Thank you in advance.

nhakeem
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt reply.
    To help you better understand the issue I pasted links to some screenshots and page links below.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Could you please check how it works with some default WordPress themes like TwentyTwenty or WooCommerce Storefront to understand is it our theme issue or not?
    Add standard WooCommerce categories widget to the sidebar and compare how it works.

Regards

nhakeem
    Participant

Hi,

Test with WP default theme.
    The shop listing work fine.
    It seems to be a compatibility issues between woodmart and wpml multilingual.

Please check the link below.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Please, send us your admin access so we can switch between themes and compare the results.

Kind Regards

nhakeem
    Participant

As below.

Thank you in advance!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

As we can see, products are the same with our theme and with default them.
    Default theme: https://gyazo.com/8aa1841dbda0431ed8d1730e6c7cf9eb
    WoodMart: https://gyazo.com/f95c45462f2a71a9951ecc13c78f08cf

nhakeem
    Participant

Hi,
    Was there any change done by you?
    This wasn’t the case this morning.
    How do you suggest to make this same behavior appear on the production environment.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

No, we didn’t touch anything. Shop page products don’t depend on the theme. They are generated by WooCommerce.

nhakeem
    Participant

I’m just sharing this in case someone faced a similar issue.
    The product duplication (each product showing in both languages on shop page) was caused by Elastic Search Plugin. Deactivating plugin resolves the issue.

Regarding the categories counter widget on the sidebar, it works fine when selecting “Order by Name”. However, it doesn’t show all categories when selecting “Category order”. Which is fine by me. But you might want to check this behaviour.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We are glad that you sorted it out. Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.

Tagged: 

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Problem with WPML/Woocommerce’ is closed to new replies.