Home Forums WoodMart support forum Problems trying to translate

Problems trying to translate

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Cloudbyte
    Participant

Hello, first let me just say thanks for a great theme.

I’m trying to translate the theme using Loco Translate, and a strange issue is happening, If i translate a single string and save, it works great, but as soon as I translate a second string it stops working, even the first sting stops working. Would really appreciate some help.

Best regards,

Sérgio

Hello,

Our theme can hardly influence. Perhaps there is an incompatibility between Loco and some of your plugins. Deactivate all the plugins not related to the theme excepting Loco and check again.

Best Reards

Cloudbyte
    Participant

Hello Elise,

Thanks for your reply, I deactivated all the plugins as you suggested and I still have the same problem, any other suggestion?

Hello,

You need to translate Loco > Themes > Woodmart. You have not created a language for Woodmart. http://prntscr.com/m28hce

Best Regards

Cloudbyte
    Participant

Hello,

I deleted the language so you could try yourself.

Cloudbyte
    Participant

It’s the best way for you to replicate de error, so If you don’t mind could you please create a new language (Portugues) for the theme translate a single sting and save, I suggest “browse categories” to “Loja Online”. After saving the change will work, but as soon as you translate any other string it stops working.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Please, send us your FTP access so we can troubleshoot it.

Cloudbyte
    Participant

Good morning,

Heres the FTP access.

Thanks,

Sérgio

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

There is some strange issue with Loco Translate plugin. It creates corrupted MO file and translations can’t be read. We suggest you to use POEdit software instead and create translations manually. https://poedit.net/wordpress

Cloudbyte
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for the help, to do this with the free version of poedit I save the file as pt_PT.mo and upload to themes/woodmart/languages/ and define the language in config.php with the following code:

define ('WPLANG', 'pt_PT');

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We suggest you to keep translated files in wp-content/languages/themes/woodmart-pt_PT.po folder. And you don’t need to add anything to the config file.

Cloudbyte
    Participant

I just upload the .po file and can’t see any translations, am I missing something? Can you take a look?

Cloudbyte
    Participant

Ok just added the .mo file and it worked.

Thank you for all you help.

Top support 🙂

Cheers

Sérgio

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Great, you are welcome.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)