Home Forums Basel support forum Problems with Changing Site Language

Problems with Changing Site Language

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

LauraCor
    Participant

Hi,
    After changing the Site Language to German (which is an installed language), two problems occur:
    1. The WooCommerce product category widget doesn’t work anymore. The main categories are still shown in the filters but when you click on them, the page behind can’t be found (404 error) and there are no sub-categories in the filters. How can I fix this?
    2. The display “sale” for discounted products is translated to the German “Angebot”, which doesn’t fit into the circle shape. I’d like to keep the word “Sale” (which is also common in German). How can I do this?
    Thanks in advance for your help!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

1. Does it happen with our theme only? Could you please check with default theme to see if it our theme issue or caused by the translations plugin?

2. Here is a video that demonstrates how to translate strings with Loco Translate plugin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAFq1yTfWfU

Regards

LauraCor
    Participant

Hi,

1. Sorry, I don’t know how to check the default theme without changing the theme of my site.
    2. I had already used Loco and translated “Sale” to “Sale” but it keeps displaying “Angebot” when switching the site’s language to German.

Thanks for your support.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

1. You can’t check it without changing the theme. But we can’t help you since we don’t know is it our theme issue or not.

2. Then it seems to be translated somewhere in the plugin. Check it in the plugin configuration or contact its developers for help.

Regards

LauraCor
    Participant

Hi,

1. Okay, doesn’t theme to be a theme issue. The same happens with another theme.
    2. Do you mean the Loco or WooCommerce plugin? Probably the latter?

Thanks and regards.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We mean translated in your translations plugin. Or maybe by WooCommerce. Can’t know exactly either.

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)