Home Forums Basel support forum Problems with product categories in Basel

Problems with product categories in Basel

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

dinatostore
    Participant

Hi There,

On my webshop: http://www.home-exclusivo.com/en/ have I some problems with the loading time from different pages and the webshop. When you are in the shop, and switch between different woocommerce categories the shops doesnt load on a normal way. Also in the backend I have problems with the product section. When I clicked on in, the products doenst show up. It looks like it stays loading.

Could you help me with this problem?

Would like to hear from you soon,

Kind regards,

Gino

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We see that you are using some kind of CDN on your website that doesn’t work correctly and breaks some functionality.

Regards

dinatostore
    Participant

Hi there,

Im sorry, I disable the CDN. We were trying to speed up the website. Could you please take a look again about the earlier described problems.

Kind regards,

Gino

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We see that your server response time is too long and that is why AJAX calls don’t work correctly. It may be caused by some problem with the hosting machine or come with additional plugins installed. Try to disable all plugins except those that come with our theme.

dinatostore
    Participant

Hi there,

I deactivated all the plugins except those who came with the theme. When I go to the shop and navigate through categories it will not instand load, but refresh the whole page. Looks like AJAX doesnt work correctly?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We see that categories pages now display 404 error and don’t work at all. It is not an AJAX issue.

dinatostore
    Participant

Hi there,

The 404 error is gone, the wrong slug by disabling plugins. But now everything is working. If I only have the plugins enabled which comes with the theme everything works fine. But when I activated more plugins, some categories will load slower and then he refreshes the page. This is sometimes and only when loading the categories takes to long.

How can I fix this?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

So it works correctly without additional plugins activated? In this case, you need to detect which plugins cause your website to run slow.

Regards

dinatostore
    Participant

Hi,

Yes, but it doesn’t matter which plugin I enable or disable when the running time exceeds he will refresh the categories page instead of AJAX loads. I tried several plugins to activated once a time and all has the same effect..

Is this something with the memory limit or exceed waiting time?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

AJAX has 5 seconds time limit and if it doesn’t get a response in this time, it will load the page in a natural way.

dinatostore
    Participant

Is it possible to extend the AJAX time limit?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You can change it in the file js/functions.js. You will need to disable JS minification in Theme Settings -> Performance

timeout: 5000

Regards

dinatostore
    Participant

This is great, thank!!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You are welcome 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Problems with product categories in Basel’ is closed to new replies.