Home Forums Basel support forum Product Categories images width

Product Categories images width

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

MagdaV
    Participant

Hello,
    I’ve added Product Categories element to the Home Page. But the images of the Product Categories have been resized and were too small. I couldn’t see other option to set the right image width for it but through Customising ▸ WooCommerce -> Product Images .
    But that also changes the sizes of all product images displayed in Featured Products, Best Sellers etc. So when I’m trying to have eg 4 columns of product images displayed in eg Featured Products – I can’t, as the images are too large. Can I change the sizes of images separate for: Product Categories element and Products please?

Before I’ve added Product Categories element to the Home Page I had even 6 columns in Featured Products and Best Sellers.

Best regards.

Hello,

First of all, set back the configuration for Appearance > Customise > WooCommerce > Product images.

Product images and category images are set separately via elements. If you want bigger Category images set 4 in the column if you want smaller, put for example 6. Also, you can adjust a space.

Best Regards

MagdaV
    Participant

Hello,
    I’ve set back the configuration for Appearance > Customise > WooCommerce > Product images to 300 (I’m pretty sure that’s the default size?).
    What happened:
    – the images in Product Categories have been resized to 300 (although the original width of Category image is 365 and that’s the desired width)
    Changing the Space between category images only changes space between two rows, not between columns.

Nothing has changed about Featured Products, Best Sellers etc. images: they are still too big and even though I have the settings : 4 columns – but it only displays 3 columns:

http://veganshoesbags.com/

MagdaV
    Participant

I’ve just tried to set the width in Appearance > Customise > WooCommerce > Product images to 150:

– it has resized the image size in Featured Products, Best Sellers etc. but even much smaller – they still displaying only 3 columns (even that the setting is 4 columns)

– it has further resized the images in Product Categories (to 150 width)

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

So the main problem that you are not able to change product columns? Please, disable all external plugins that are not related to our theme and provide us your admin access.

MagdaV
    Participant

The problems are with both Product Categories element (on a home page) and columns in Featured Products, Best Sellers etc.:

1. I’m unable to set the width of the images in Product Categories element to the one I want – it keeps resizing to the one set in the Appearance > Customise > WooCommerce > Product images.

2. It keeps showing products in 3 columns only (the setting is for 4 and in the past I had even 6 and it was working fine), no matter what settings in the Appearance > Customise > WooCommerce > Product images is, even when the images were tiny.

3. Finally, this morning, I have found strange “log in” form on the top of the page (attached). This has dissapeared after I’ve logged in to WordPress.

I’ve attached admin access details in Private Content.

Kind regards.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Try to use our theme’s “Products (carousel or grid)” element instead of the default WooCommerce elements https://gyazo.com/466b2c64ea6e78f45959252536b24368

MagdaV
    Participant

1. It works indeed! So at least it would be sorted for BEST SELLERS and FEATURED, which is great!

Although there’s no such thing like NEW ARRIVALS (or RECENTLY ADDED etc)? To automatically display products newly added? (just Products With NEW Label)?

2. I still had a problem with the images in Product Categories element – they had been resized to the width set in the Appearance > Customise > WooCommerce > Product. So now I tried again and set the desired width and it works fine for images in Product Categories element.

But I’m worried whether it is the best method? As I have changed the default woocommerce setting.
    (ps changing the gap between images was only working for the gap between the rows, not the columns)

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

1. You can just set Order by date option for this element to display recently added products.

2. Yes, you have to change WooCommerce settings to set your products and categories images size.

MagdaV
    Participant

1. Perfect!
    2. So it looks like it’s the same setting to set both products and categories images size and they can’t be done separately?

3. Finally – as I’m activating all my plugins back – do I need CMB2 plugin? I don’t remember downloading it.

Thanks a lot!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

2. Yes, it is how WooCommerce images size works.

3. CMB2 is required for our theme.

MagdaV
    Participant

Ok, thank you!

And finally – this morning, I have found a strange “log in” form on the top of the page (picture attached). This has dissapeared after I’ve logged in to WordPress. But when I’m not logged in – it’s still there. The same in three different browsers. What happened here?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Try to clean cache or deactivate cache plugins and check the issue again.

Best Regards

Tagged: 

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)