Home Forums WoodMart support forum Product Categories to navigation menu

Product Categories to navigation menu

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Andrei
    Participant

Hello
    Sorry for my english …
    I recently installed this theme and am trying to understand some things.

I have a large number of product categories with three levels. And now I understand, I have to create a navigation menu in order to recreate the entire hierarchy manually, because the wordpress ignores the hierarchy when copying categories to the menu!

Is there any way to automate the process? Is there any way to automate the process? Plugin, hack?

Why do not you use the ready-made widget “Product Categories” with beautiful styles, instead of the navigation menu?

Thanks

Hello,

Thank you very much for choosing our theme and for contacting us.

We have two options to show the category menu automatically: it means the many will show all the existing categories in the levels they are arranged and new categories would be automatically added. The first option is the category select drop-down in the search element: https://prnt.sc/q4rqp7 You need to enter the search element in the Header builder, configure the search to be a form and showing categories https://prnt.sc/q4jmos

The second way is show categories in the shop page title and provided in the Theme Settings > Shop Page > Sidebars and Page Title Demo: https://woodmart.xtemos.com/shop/

Option “Categories in page title” will show the categories menu generated automatically based on all categories in the shop. It is not possible to manage this menu as other WordPress menus. By default, sub-categories will be displayed as the drop-down list https://prnt.sc/q4rs9b

Best Regards

Andrei
    Participant

No, I mean “BROWSE CATEGORIES” below the logo! It uses the wordpress navigation menu instead of product categories! All the above questions for “BROWSE CATEGORIES” below the logo!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Yes, this menu is created manually and new categories are not added automatically. You create the category menu in Appearance > Menu and assign in the Category element of the Header Builder.

Best Regards.

Andrei
    Participant

Do you seriously suggest manually creating more than 300 categories, with three levels of nesting? Do you remember WordPress does not support hierarchy when copying categories in the navigation menu?

Why are you using the navigation menu here instead of using the product categories directly? This is terribly inconvenient for sites with a large number of product categories that also need to be updated!

Are you planning to do anything in future versions?
    Is it possible to use which third-party plug-in of product categories here, instead of the navigation menu?

Thanks

syedqzaidi
    Participant

Hello Andrei,

We have 7000+ categories and unfortunately we recently had to manually create the menu in WordPress. This is a known issue with WordPress and it has nothing to do with the theme.

Hello,

As you know any theme is skin but not the set of functions. You are absolutely right: WordPress does not support and our theme cannot influence that. At the same time, the variety of our theme options may allow you to achieve any goals, well:

1. Create a sidebar for Product category widget http://prntscr.com/p74a90

2. Add the Product category into the sidebar. You know this widget shows the categories and new categories are added automatically, observing hierocracy.

3. Create HTML block and add the Widgetized sidebar element http://prntscr.com/p749v1 choose the sidebar you have created.

4. Add the HTML block into the Header builder https://xtemos.com/docs/woodmart/html-blocks-2/#header_builder

You may need to customize a bit, contact us, we shall provide custom CSS

Best Regards

Andrei
    Participant

Yes thank you. I tried. But here I need to do a lot of work to redo the CSS. I am not ready for this. In addition, widgets do not use photos / category icons.

I expected that in this theme you have a ready-made solution for product categories. When I bought your theme, this is the first thing I looked at. I’m disappointed now.

Why you, as a developer, do not want to improve your product. why don’t you want to make a ready-made solution for the “BROWSE CATEGORIES” in the navigation menu with beautiful ready-made styles similar to those now?

I understand that this could be without a mega menu. But you could make an option. If someone needs a megamenu, then he should use the navigation menu for this (as now).

If someone has a large number of product categories, then they will probably prefer a ready-made solution, instead of problems with the navigation menu!
    But! picture for product categories should be!

Thanks

Andrei
    Participant

“We have 7000+ categories and unfortunately we recently had to manually create the menu in WordPress. This is a known issue with WordPress and it has nothing to do with the theme.”

Maybe. But the developer could take care of that. There are ready-made plugins for product categories. They were able to make beautiful product categories, instead of using the navigation menu!

Hello,

Please take into consideration that the theme is just the skin. We cannot integrate and develop all the Woocommerce functionalities. Try to find a plugin or developer who would customize the Woocommerce for your needs.

Best Regards

Andrei
    Participant

A strange response to a proposal for product improvement.

Hello,

Product Categories are the functionality of the Woocommerce. We are working on the WoodMart theme and try to improve it, we do not deal with the developing of Woocommerce.

Nevertheless, our theme has 4 ways to display Product Categories:
    – Search form in the Header Builder, where the categories are added automatically and the hierocracy has been observed;
    – the option to show categories in the shop page title, where the categories are added automatically and the hierocracy has been observed;
    – and two ways of creating the menu manually and displaying it in the Header or in the content.

Besides you have option to show the categories by means of Product category widget in the sidebar and, in addition, I suggested and described a mixed way and proposed help in CSS customization.

The only way left is the Woocommerce customization, however, such service is not covered by our support.

Best Regards

romapad
    Participant

I agree with topic’s starter! Your theme is based on woocommerce and maded for woocommerce (as you promote it on themeforest). Woocommmerce Product Category widget – is solid part of Woocommerce. And you have already option to put categories automatically for shop page title (wich is not fit for huge stores with many categories). So we expected that it will be easy to use the same code or category widget and put it on different parts of theme (and main navigation – is most obvious!) and it will look in style. Your effort will be very appreciated with owners of big stores…

Hello Adrei and Romapad,

We always appreciate suggestions to improve our theme functionality, moreover, our dev team is working hard to implement most of the frequently requested features. At the same time, it is not always possible. In this case, our dev team provides unique options to achieve the various needs I listed above.

We are talking about WordPress menu nature. Unfortunately, the WordPress menu does not keep the hierarchy of the times added. Our theme does not influence this functionality, In any case, I will submit this request to our dev team for consideration.

Best Regards

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)