Home Forums WoodMart support forum Product filtering by feature

Product filtering by feature

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

meni99@gmail.com
    Participant

Hey friends
    I have a problem with the filtering (sidebar) (image #1+2) Features of the categories I will explain:
    I have categories of washing machines and I want the customer to be able to filter according to the features of the washing machines, for example by brand (BEKO, BOSCH, etc.), price, washing capacity and kg, I understood that it is necessary to do this through the widgets (image # 3+4)
    When I entered the widgets (shop page widget area) I tried to add features but I was unable to link the features to the category of washing machines, meaning the features appear in all categories (for example: the features of kg and washing capacity also appear in the category of televisions) How can I add features and link them to the category I want ?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Yes, Attribute filters and Product category filters work independently. You can configure showing this or that filter on a certain category, at the same time, if this attribute is assigned to a product from another category it would show all assigned products regardless the category. This is Wocoommerce functionality and we can not change that.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

meni99@gmail.com
    Participant

You can configure showing this or that filter on a certain category, at the same time, if this attribute is assigned to a product from another category it would show all assigned products regardless the category.

Can you guide me how to do this?

Hello,

Please add Woodmart Navbar filter widget to Shop page widget area of Appearance > Widgets.

You will find the option to select the category in the widget settings.

Best Regards

meni99@gmail.com
    Participant

Hi, thank you very much for the reply
    I did exactly what is written, but there are features that appear in the filter and there are features that are not, for example:
    In the category of washing machines there are 4 features as in picture no. 2, as I marked, only those in green appear and those in red do not appear in the filters even though I defined them all exactly the same in the widgets (picture no. 3) as you can see in picture no. 1 in the filters there are only 2 features instead of the 4 that I defined , Not in filters- washing capacity and energy rating

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

You can change the drop-down for the list in the widget settings.

Please make the full backup of your site and check the issue on the Storefront theme to detect if our theme causes the problem. Storefront is a free theme developed by WooСommerce.

Best Regards

meni99@gmail.com
    Participant

I changed the theme but with this theme there is no option to add Woodmart Navbar filter widget to Shop page widget area becuse the the woodmart theme is not install

Hello,

The suggestion to check on the default theme related to the Product categories filtering.

WoodMart does not influence on filtering of the products.

WoodMart has customized the attribute filter a bit, and you can select the category where you show the filter attribute, at the same time it would filter by default.

Best Regards

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)