Home Forums WoodMart support forum Product filters > Filter attributes are showing info from excluded categories

Product filters > Filter attributes are showing info from excluded categories

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

diogen
    Participant

I want to use the Product Filters element on some pages. I noticed on 6.2.x version that some Filter attributes don’t act as expected – showing attributes from other product categories which are excluded from this particular Filter attribute. I thought the update will fix this, but the problem remains with latest versions.

I made a simple page with Product Filters element for testing purposes. I put 5 Filter elements which are set to Show in several categories. Two of these filters are showing data from other categories, which are not included in the element settings. I made screenshots.

Any idea how to fix it?
    Regards!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

It is how our product filters were designed. Category restriction works on the shop page only. If you put the element on a separate page it will show all the filters and attributes.

Kind Regards

diogen
    Participant

OK. I put the Product filters on the product page. I set the filters to show on all pages. Why they are not showing on other categories, but only on the shop page. What is then the setting “Show in categories” for – “Choose on which categories pages you want to display this filter. Or leave empty to show on all pages.”?

I can’t find the logic. Why I need a product filter which filters only all categories?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Could you please send us a link to your website where we can see this issue?

Kind Regards

diogen
    Participant

Ok.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You added it to the shop page only. Categories have description fields and you need to either add them to all categories or use our special Shop filters area in Theme Settings https://gyazo.com/83bbaeb4dcaea797f8ac0608f5a66b46

diogen
    Participant

OK. I’ll give it a try.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)