Home Forums Basel support forum Product gallery images bug – WooCommerce Additional Variation Images

Product gallery images bug – WooCommerce Additional Variation Images

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author

lifbali
    Participant

After installing the “WooCommerce Additional Variation Images” plugin, the products image gallery is not displaying images correctly as usual.

I know this is a theme issue, since the images would be displayed correctly when I switch back to the storefront theme.

Hello,

This plugin is not compatible with our theme. Our theme has this option. Enter the product variation and you will see the option for the gallery. Deactivate the plugin.

Best Regards

lifbali
    Participant

Hi there,

I have deactivated the plugin, but even after adding product variations I still can’t see the option to enter gallery images for each product, am I missing something?

What I’m trying to achieve is when I choose a product flavour (option) it will show me a set of gallery images that are related to that product and those images can’t be seen until a product variation is chosen so they’re not all listed on the side by default – ultimately it’s what the plugin I deactivated does!

Hello,

Please provide your site admin access. You need the recent theme version to have the option.

Best Regards

lifbali
    Participant

I have sent the login details in Private.

Hello,

You need to update your theme https://xtemos.com/docs/basel/update-theme/

Best Regards

lifbali
    Participant

Hi there,

I have updated the theme and added product gallery images but they’re still not showing up on the product page!

I’ve sent the page privately so you can have a look.

Hello,

Add images to main product gallery http://prntscr.com/lxdhih I have added for testing, now it works.

Best Regards

lifbali
    Participant

Yes, but the specified product Variation Image Gallery shouldn’t be shown across all variations but only when that variation they’re assigned to is selected. Now if you click on the link below and chose another flavour you’d still be shown the gallery images of another flavour.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

You need to add images into a gallery of each variation.

Best Regards

lifbali
    Participant

Yes I know that, the first variation already have gallery images but I don’t want to show that under other variations which don’t have a gallery!

I hope that makes sense! Looking forward to getting this sorted ASAP as it has stalled our business.

Hello,

Each variation has a main image and images from the gallery. The gallery shows both https://gyazo.com/45252bfd2074cb7b4922da976726339c it is the way the gallery works: it takes the main and thumbnails from the gallery.

Best Regards

lifbali
    Participant

Hi Elise,

Thanks for that quick demo – However, I think the theme has a bug where it would show a gallery image when there’s no gallery image assign to that variation.

Normally it should just show the main image assigned to that variation and no other images.

Here’s a video demo of it https://youtu.be/D1tcnlTllp8 you can see I didn’t add any other gallery images to that variation but It still showed one.

Hello,

It is not a bug it is the way it works: all the variations should have images. However, we shall try to consider how we can improve it for the next update.

Best Regards

lifbali
    Participant

OK. Is there a way I can disable that through code, so that no all variations would have to have images?

If you can consider adding this feature to the next update that would fantastic, because that’s how the official woocommerce image variation plugin works.

It’s not a great user experience to display another variation’s image, when the user chooses a different variation option.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

OK, we will consider it in our future updates.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)