Home Forums WoodMart support forum Product Grid Element Does Not Show Featured Variable Products

Product Grid Element Does Not Show Featured Variable Products

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

b.brenner
    Participant

Hello,
    I would like to create a page that shows our featured products. For this I have selected “Featured Products” in the products element (grid or carousel) under data source. But only the simple products are shown, all variable products are not shown.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Could you please once disable all the plugins that are not related to our Theme and then check back the issue again. If it gets resolved, then reactivate them one by one to see which Plugin is causing the conflict.

If the issue somehow persists, then please provide us your Site WP-ADMIN access in the Private Content field on which you are facing the issue so we can check it and assist you accordingly.

Best Regards

b.brenner
    Participant

Hello, I checked the issue with all 3rd party plugins deactivated but the problems persisted. Below the backend access.
    Regards!

Hello,

Firstly, we have confirmed from the Test Site the Variable Products set as Featured Products are being shown correctly. Here is the Test Site Homepage URL, at the bottom of it you will find the Featured Products added: https://blackpearlspro.com/woodmart_support/

So, this clears the fact that it is not a Theme-end issue. The issue is specifically arising on your Site.

On your Site, to check this issue further we want you please take complete Backup of your Site first and then provide us the permission to completely debug your Site which includes deactivating all the third party Plugins and removal of on-Site Customization changes too, so that we can thoroughly check this issue on your Site and assist you accordingly.

Best Regards

b.brenner
    Participant

Hello, our shop is live so I cloned the page and give you log in credentials for the staging where you can do all necessary things for debugging the site.
    Regards

Hello,

Your issue has been solved on the live site as well. Actually, you have disabled the Variable products from the Theme Settings >> Shop >> https://ibb.co/ggXp9P9

Best Regards.

b.brenner
    Participant

Thank you, no idea why the variable products were disabled in the theme settings. I enabled them but the variations are still not shown within the product grid element unless I deactivate “Hide variations parent”. The parent products are shown but not the product variations. There is no point in showing the parent products along with the product variations throughout the store. So when I show only the product variations in my shop page, I can forget about the product grid element. Or can you customize that?

Hello,

Sorry to say but we didn’t get your concern correctly now. The Show single variation option is basically there if you want to show the Variations of a Product as a separate Product.

Now, on your Site, if we are turning off the Show single variation option remaining the Hide variations parent option enabled > then the Variable Featured Products are showing fine: https://snipboard.io/lXpzAZ.jpg

So, this seems to work fine. What exactly is the issue are you having here after that?

Best Regards

b.brenner
    Participant

Hello,
    unfortunately this is not the solution because in our shop we show all variations as separate products AND we want to show the variable product (parent product) in the product grid element.

Best regards

Hello,

According to the default functionality of the Products element being used for the Featured Products, you will eventually need to disable the Show single variation option from the Theme Settings > then the Variable Products will show under the Featured Products data source. This is how it works right now and you will eventually need to do the same in this regard.

Best Regards

b.brenner
    Participant

It´s a pitty that such a normal thing as product variations are still not supported well in woocommerce. Thanks for now.
    Best Regards

Hello,

Sorry to say but unfortunately this is how it is right now.

Let us know if you need any further assistance, we are always there for your help.

Thanks for contacting us.
    Have a great day!

Topic Closed.
    Best Regards

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Product Grid Element Does Not Show Featured Variable Products’ is closed to new replies.