Home Forums Basel support forum Product image size to upload

Product image size to upload

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

esthetis
    Participant

Again on this.

I see many customers are posting about product image size issue.

Please let me know how to definitively fix this issue.

I have to know the best size to upload on product image page of our demo: http://staging.esthetis.ch/en/buy/medik8-gentle-cleanse-foaming-cleanser/, in order to rebuilt all images with that size.

Please consider that most of our products have a single image (any gallery).

We want to keep the same sizes for all images in both category and product page.

Current settings in the attachements.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Actually, there is no any complaints or opened issues from other customers regarding this issue. Moreover, our theme doesn’t influence product images sizes at all. This functionality comes with WooCommerce and not controlled by our theme. We have already given you information from our demo settings.

Regards

esthetis
    Participant

Sorry but understand me, we have to rebuilt all images on product page (from new).

Please confirm that given size ‘For our demo is 870×1100’ is the best to fit in our webshop here:

http://staging.esthetis.ch/en/buy/medik8-retinol-1-tr-cream/

Thank you for your understading.

Kind regards
    Pier

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Do you mean regenerate all thumbnails? You can easily test if this size is good for you or not.

1. Change the size in Settings. (don’t regenerate thumbnails)

2. Upload a new product with images (only one for test).

3. If it looks good, then go ahead and regenerate them. If not, try another size 🙂

Regards

esthetis
    Participant

Sorry Artem,

But you have created the theme and you know how it fit better.

We use you default demo and as designer you should know the right size to fit the best for a single image (not gallery) on product page.

Therefore, keeping your recommended woocommerce settigs (I suppose we have to check ‘hard crop’) what image size to upload should fit and perform better to load in this case.

We can not work infinitely to find the right size to upload.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards
    Pier

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

OK, then it should be the best size for single product page images. But we don’t suggest you to use Hard crop. We didn’t use it on our demo.

Regards

esthetis
    Participant

Do you mean the size to upload should be 1200*1800?

REgarding Hard crop, then please let me know how we get the same size in category page and product page after regenerate thumbnail. As you can see here, the sizes are not the same also in category page, even if we uploaded the same size: http://staging.esthetis.ch/de/shop/medik8-hautpflege/reinigung-peeling/

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Uploaded size doesn’t matter since it will be resized to the size specified in WooCommerce settings.

Yes, if you will upload all images in the same size, then you don’t need a Hard crop.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)