Home Forums Basel support forum Product image size

Product image size

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 79 total)
  • Author

esthetis
    Participant

FTP access (folder staging):

am28.siteground.biz
    store407
    siteG_2363

http://staging.esthetis.ch
    staging
    siteG_2363

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We suggest you to clear your database and install the theme from scratch. But before doing that, try to comment or remove the following line in the file wp-content/themes/basel/inc/dummy-content/base

register_taxonomy('pa_color');

Regards

esthetis
    Participant

I got the attached message now. have you changed anything?

regards
    Pier

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

It is because of debug mode. You can disable it now.

esthetis
    Participant

Hi

By importing I can not see the checkbox anymore

Attachments:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You need to reset your database to make your dummy content import correct.

esthetis
    Participant

How to reset database? waht do you mean?

esthetis
    Participant

We can not delete our product data and order history in live production then

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

But our demo content can’t be imported on a live site. For better work, it should be imported on a fresh installation. If you want to have some particular pages, you can import them manually via Tools -> import -> WordPress.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

All files for import can be imported in basel/inc/dummy-content folder

esthetis
    Participant

Yes we have to change theme but we have to keep product and orders in live site then.

esthetis
    Participant

Please let me know how to proceed on staging, in order that we can replicate on live site

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Sorry, but website transfer is out of our theme support scope. Here is an article from WordPress documentation that should help you https://codex.wordpress.org/Moving_WordPress

esthetis
    Participant

you misunderstand… we can not migrate to the live site server that it is on another server , we have only 2 options:

1. work on staging and replicate changes on live site (saving product and orders database on live site)
    2. refresh everything and import Basel on a new database on staging, working on it and then moving and copying Files and Database to live site on another server

Please let me know if the 1. option is possible and will not slow down performance

Kind regards
    Pier

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Sorry, but it doesn’t depend on our theme at all. Products and orders come with WooCommerce and the performance is not slow down by Basel.

esthetis
    Participant

Sorry, I meant if the current situation with the old Porto Theme and database, if old shortcodes, taxonomies, attribute (we used with Porto color swatches plugin that managed on database), …

It’s too heavy now and should slow down or creat some conflict with your theme (swatches and everything)?

esthetis
    Participant

we also should return form Polylang to WPML (we first use WPML)

esthetis
    Participant

I would give a try by importing only pages and elements like testimonials to see how it works.

Please let me know how to proceed step by step to import some pages and elements.

Kind regards
    Pier

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Here is a video that demonstrates you how to install our theme import dummy content https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TwJXr77Xmw&t=1s
    As for Porto content, so we can’t answer this question since it is not related to our theme.

esthetis
    Participant

AS per my screenshot above and again here attached, I can not see any checkbox anymore.

I don’t know waht you did and I follow to comment out register_taxonomy(‘pa_color’); in base/after.php

Should I now click on ‘ACTIVATE BASE VERSION’?

Please advise

regards
    Pier

Attachments:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Sorry, but you have already imported the demo content. You can’t do this twice. And as we stated previously, it was not imported correctly because you have already had a lot of data from the previous theme. The point is that if you have a page with ID 132 for example, then our page with the same ID will not be imported. This is mentioned in our documentation.

esthetis
    Participant

Ok but how I can fix it now.

Can we remove old theme and then import again or what to do?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

As we already stated, if you want to use our automatic import function, you need to have a fresh wordpress installation.

esthetis
    Participant

1. Do you mean to completely delete database and create a new one or just wordpres?

2. What pages are not imported?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

1. Yes, need to have a site without any data.

2. We can’t know which pages were not imported.

esthetis
    Participant

Sorry but I can not see the problem… we only need to import the page Contact US_2 and this has been done!

Old homepage can be recreated with VC by adding slider and other elements isn’t it?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

But we already wrote you that you can do this manually. Did you try this?

esthetis
    Participant

Yes, but I hope that we can do everything now and use your theme on the current database

esthetis
    Participant

Maybe can you send me the code of the homepage – frontend default with slider to add now instead old Porto homepage

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You can find xml files for import for all pages in the folder inc/dummy-content

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 79 total)