Home Forums Basel support forum Product page design

Product page design

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi

1/Instead of having a main photo and thumbnails of other photos, I would like to have several static photos of the same size, under the main one (example in private content), and remove the thumbnails.

2/ How can I remove the tab “avis (0)”. (In english, it must be something like clients opinion)

3/ When I scroll the menu of “product page design” and I try to change for alternate, scroll menu, compact, etc., I see no difference. Is there a page on the web where I could see examples ?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I also want to remove “add to the wishlist” and “compare” and I haven’t found how.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The impossibility to change and see the upper part of the page in visual composer is very frustrating !

I add some more questions :

4/ I want ALL my page to be on an absolutely white background. Not on a light grey for the second part. Adding a white backround on my row does not work.

5/When I add a row, the word “description” appears and I want to remove it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

6/ and how to make my new content stick vertically to the upper part of the page ?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Here are the answers to all your questions one by one

1 and 6. This is possible only by using “Images scroll” product page design. You can change it in Theme Settings -> Product page.

2. As we can see you have already removed this tab, right?

3. Here are examples on our demo
    Default – http://demo.xtemos.com/basel/shop/woman/jur-detail-jacket/
    Alternate – http://demo.xtemos.com/basel/shop/man/coloured-jacket-basic/?productalt
    Images scroll – http://demo.xtemos.com/basel/shop/woman/virror-detail-cape/?productsticky
    Compact – http://demo.xtemos.com/basel/shop/other/new-brands/yomber-jacket-trim/

4-5. Add the following code snippet to the Custom CSS section

.single-product-content .product-tabs-wrapper {
        background: white;
    }
    .single-product-content .tabs {
        display: none;
    }

7. You can disable compare and wishlist buttons by disabling these plugins in admin panel -> Plugins.

Hope this will help

Regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you very much. I will apply all this.

Anonymous
    Inactive

5/ Oh, big problem with this code :
    .single-product-content .tabs {
    display: none;
    }

I just wanted to remove the word “description” appearing in the middle of the page. But if I use this, at first I see the title, price and comments, but when I scroll, everythig disappears exept the photos !

7/ Sorry, I don’t see where these fields are…

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

5. Yes, it is how our “Images scroll” product design work (compare with our demo)

7. Here is a screenshot of plugins you need to disable

Anonymous
    Inactive

7/ OK Thanks

5/ Is there a way to keep all the text, price, etc Static and only erase “description” ?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

5. But it doesn’t depend on this code snippet. It is the way sticky product layout works. Why just not upload your images to product gallery? It will look much better.

Anonymous
    Inactive

5/ Yes, now that you have told me to use “scroll”, I have made a trial on one page and it works. I have removed my additional row and my text does not disappear any more. But I don’t see where I can fix the size of the photos in the gallery.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

How exactly do you want to see your photos size?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well, don’t know exactly now, I will have to make trials.
    But, for example, what should I do to have them 400×400 px ?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You can change images sizes in WooCommerce -> Settings -> Products -> Display. And don’t forget to regenerate all thumbnails after change.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yesss ! Found !
    Thanks a lot !

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hum… It does not work, even after regenerating thumbnails. The size of the photos does not change (enormous) example in private content

It seems the zoom is set and static (?).

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

It is because original image has to small size (https://www.helenes.fr/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/CarBocage2.jpg). Try to upload bigger image and you will see the result.

Anonymous
    Inactive

No, it does not work at all.

Moreover, with a bigger picture, my header gets a strange behaviour. It increases when I scroll. Something is going wrong.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Try to upload bigger image for this product so we could check. We can’t log in your web-site because login and password you provided are incorrect.

Anonymous
    Inactive

You can connect, it will work now.

I have already changed the first picture for a bigger, and add one more.
    They all fill the same width, whatever the size I request. I have the feeling that the width of the column is set somewhere and I can’t reach it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I don’t understand what goes wrong suddenly with my menu : on the main page too, it gets higher when I scroll !

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

It seems that you have set 600px width for your images in WooCommerce settings, right? https://gyazo.com/1e506c503be150bf1b3fe1af591b971b

We still can’t login https://gyazo.com/6538e50c17943693d40c21dd149b8553

Could you please provide a screenshot of menu problem?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yess. And the images appear as 1100×1100.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

If you don’t want to make your product page full width you can use this CSS code snippet

.single-product-content .container-fluid {
        max-width: 100%;
        width: 1200px;
    }

Regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

You should be able to connect now

Anonymous
    Inactive

It is not a problem to be full width if the photos keep the right size.

Anyway, the snipet works.

But I still have a problem with the header : it streches in heigh.

Sorry for the login on my site. There was a problem, it is solved now.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You didn’t provide us a screenshot of the header problem, could you?

Anonymous
    Inactive

A screenshot won’t show you anything. Please, go to my page and scroll ; you will see the problem.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes, the header streches in heigh instead of being static. Is it possible to fix that ?

Strange because the problem has just appear this evening…

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 41 total)