Home Forums Basel support forum PRODUCT PAGE

PRODUCT PAGE

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author

IvyK
    Participant

Hi,

We just bought a theme and have few questions about the product page.

1. ATTRIBUTES
    I set up a product page with three attributes: 1.Format, 2.Size and 3.Color.
    While size and color have variations, format does not, It has only one option.
    I want the format attribute to be visible, but not used as a variation. It would simply be used as a visual and informative guide.
    I added It to product page in attributes section and check marked to be visible, but not used in variation. Unfortunately, It does not seem to work, It is simply not showing on a product page.
    I am not sure what I’m missing there.

2. TITLE FONT SIZE
    How can I reduce the product title font size on product page since there seem to be no option to choose font size in pixels?

3. SKU AND TAGS
    How to remove SKU and tags from product pages?

4. COMPACT STYLE
    We use compact product page design.
    Where can I edit information? We want to remove sections such as additional information, reviews and add our own custom sections.
    Also, we want all the sections to be closed by default, how to achieve that as well?

Thank you!
    Ivana

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thank you so much for purchasing our theme.

1. If you are not using some attribute for variations it should be displayed under the Additional information tab. If it is not, please send us your admin access so we could see what is wrong.

2. You can decrease it by adding this code snippet to the Custom CSS section in Theme Settings

.single-product-content .entry-title {
        font-size: 28px;
    }

3. Here is a custom code for this task also

.product_meta {
        display: none;
    }

4. Unfortunately, there is no settings for WooCommerce tabs. But here is a documentation from the plugin that should help you add/edit/remove tabs https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/editing-product-data-tabs/

Regards

IvyK
    Participant

Hi,

1. It is displayed under additional information, but is It possible to be visible in the area where people actually choose (click) the options?
    I want It to be visible there, but NOT CLICABLE if there is only one option.
    It would serve simply as an easy visual information with uniformed look across the whole store. That way people would easily know what we offer on every particular page without reading short description or additional information.
    I know I can show one variation there but It acts like other variations, It has to be selected first, which is at the end confusing because there are no other options to choose from in that particular attribute.
    Can It simply be visible there, but not act as an option?
    That would be great, simple, without possibilities of confusion.

2. Worked, thank you!

3. Not working, still showing both SKU and tags.

4. Hopefully we’ll figure It out, thank you! 🙂

Pozdrav!
    Ivana

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

1. We understand what you mean but it is impossible with WooCommerce to have an attribute for variation not clickable. WooCommerce force you to choose all attributes before adding product to cart and we can’t change this behaviour in our theme. So as a workaround you can place your attribute value to the short description that will be shown right before variations selects.

3. Try to add this one instead

.product_meta {
        display: none;
    }

Regards

IvyK
    Participant

Hi,

1. I see, that’s a shame, thank you for explaining.

3. It seems you gave me the same code as before, I tried again, It’s still not working unfortunately. I dumped the cache, just in case, but no.

4. Could you please guide us where those snippets are suppose to be?
    Should we enter them somewhere or look for them and edit?
    Sorry, not very savvy with those things.

Thank you!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

1. We are sorry, but it doesn’t depend on our theme, it is a way WooCommerce plugin works and we can’t manage this in our theme scope.

3. Sorry, it us our mistake, we just missed a word, try this and if it will not work please provide us your admin access so we could try to add it ourselves

.product_meta {
        display: none!important;
    }

4. You can place the code from the tutorial to child theme functions.php file. If you didn’t install child theme you can find it in the downloaded from themeforest package.

IvyK
    Participant

Hi,

We have a problem with number 4 question.
    We installed the child theme as you said, but website ended up looking like a big mess. We uninstalled It immediately and now all is back in order.
    I am not quite sure what happened there.
    How do we go about It now?

Thank you!

I.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

The problem is that when you change your theme in WordPress all widgets may be lost. Unfortunately, you will need to readd your widgets to right widgets area when activating child theme.

IvyK
    Participant

Hi,

Thank you!
    We installed the child theme and added widgets again and all is back in order now.

We also managed to change titles of tabs but are not very confident to reorder the tabs. I’m not quite sure how to edit that code especially since we now changed the titles.

We changed ‘Description’ tab to ‘Details’ and ‘Shipping & Delivery’ tab to ‘Shipping & Returns’.

The order in tabs is: 1. Details 2. Reviews 3. Shipping & Returns.
    We would need It to be in this order: 1. Details 2. Shipping & Returns 3. Reviews

Would you be so kind and provide us with code with that order, I’m afraid I will mess up royaly?

Also, we would like for all tabs to be closed initially. I tried one of the codes you gave the other customer for that, but unfortunately did not work for me.

Thank you so much for all your help!

Ivana

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

In this case, please provide us your FTP access so we could make necessary code changes in your child theme to change tabs order.

Thank you.

IvyK
    Participant

Unfortunately we cannot provide you with the access at the moment, would you be able to give us a code instead?

As we understand from that link, It is this code, but I’m not quite sure how to rewrite It properly for us:
    add_filter( ‘woocommerce_product_tabs’, ‘woo_reorder_tabs’, 98 );
    function woo_reorder_tabs( $tabs ) {

$tabs[‘reviews’][‘priority’] = 5; // Reviews first
    $tabs[‘description’][‘priority’] = 10; // Description second
    $tabs[‘additional_information’][‘priority’] = 15; // Additional information third

return $tabs;
    }

Ivana

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Yes, this code is correct and should work right. If it is not then the only one way to check it is to see your web-site live.

Regards

IvyK
    Participant

Hm, I thought It has to be adjusted?! Won’t It make reviews first, I need the reviews to be third and details first.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Ok, try to use this code snippet

add_filter( 'woocommerce_product_tabs', 'woo_reorder_tabs', 999);
    function woo_reorder_tabs( $tabs ) {

$tabs['reviews']['priority'] = 60;	// Reviews first
    $tabs['description']['priority'] = 10;	// Description second
    $tabs['additional_information']['priority'] = 115;	// Additional information third

return $tabs;
    }

IvyK
    Participant

Thank you, but unfortunately the code did not work.
    Is It perhaps because we changed the titles and removed ‘Additional Information’ tab?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Sorry, but really can’t say why it is not working while can’t review your files and see the website.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)