Home Forums WoodMart support forum Product search not working

Product search not working

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author

ADNagency
    Participant

Hello,

Your search bar for product search on our website doesn’t work unless we define a category on the dropdown to the right (if we setup the search bar without the categories dropdown and you try to search something it just displays the results in a post results page instead of product results page (shop), and repeats the first search result it finds hundreds of times within 20 pages).
    I edited the plugin’s code to force a specific category when the client doesn’t select one (which is a really bad solution, just to gain time for you guys to help me). You can check it out by searching something on the header search bar and not selecting any category, it will automatically search within the category “ferramentas” which means “tools” in English.
    Our server is accessible via SSH only, I can setup your ssh key, can you help me fix the search engine ?
    We want the search to work as normal: display search results on a shop page and search within every category if no one is defined on the dropdown.

thank you.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We just tested your product search on your website but didn’t see any problems. Could you please record a short video so we could better understand how to reproduce the issue?

Kind Regards

ADNagency
    Participant

Please test it now, I reverted the changes I made to search.php on the theme. Try searching for “weber”, you will see that the results are repeated and not displayed on a shop page even if we select the post type to products on the search.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We see some PHP errors and need to check error logs. Please, send us your admin access so we can do this.

ADNagency
    Participant

Our servers are accessible via SSH, could you provide me an ssh key to give you access ? We don’t use nothing like CPanel or such.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We need your WordPress admin access, not SSH or FTP. The one you sent previously doesn’t work.

ADNagency
    Participant

You have it on private content 👍

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

It seems like you didn’t provide us with all the administrator capabilities. Please, give us full admin access.

ADNagency
    Participant

Oh, sorry, you should have it now.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Please, update the theme to the latest version first. It should fix the problem.

ADNagency
    Participant

Will do, however, we’re not using a child theme here unfortunately. Could you provide a manual or docs to update this theme safely manually ?

ADNagency
    Participant

Updated the theme to 6.4. The error is still there.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Could you please disable all external plugins also?

ADNagency
    Participant

We tried and the error is still here.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Please, keep them turned off so we can test without plugins.

ADNagency
    Participant

We cannot disable all plugins and leave them like that as our client cannot have a service break. Please feel free to disable what you need temporarily and then turn them back on.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We tried to disable plugins temporarily and the search worked correctly. Please, check it again from your side.

ADNagency
    Participant

The error is still there. Which plugin did you disable to make the search work ?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We tried to disable all plugins not related to our theme. Please, keep them temporarily off so we can check again.

ADNagency
    Participant

Hello, any updates ?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

As we said, this problem is caused by some of the installed plugins. We tried to disable all plugins not related to our theme. Please, keep them temporarily off so we can check again.

Kind Regards

ADNagency
    Participant

Can you tell us which plugins are causing the problem ? If you know that the problem comes from one or more plugins you have to know which ones, otherwise how would you know that this is caused by plugins ?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We just disabled all external plugins and it started working correctly. Please, try to disable them and then enable them one by one to identify which one causes this issue.

Kind Regards

ADNagency
    Participant

We disabled all plugins not related to your theme (we just kept elementor, woocommerce and your theme’s core) and the error is still there.

ADNagency
    Participant

Oh wait, i found it !

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We are glad that you sorted it out. Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Tagged: 

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)