Home Forums WoodMart support forum Product search with SKU not working with Relevanssi plugin

Product search with SKU not working with Relevanssi plugin

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

farah
    Participant

Hi,

I just want to boost the search results of my website so I installed the ‘relevanssi’ plugin suggested by the woodmart theme. Everything is working fine but when I try to add product SKUs on the search bar I don’t get satisfactory results. Most of the time, search results skip the product with the written SKU on the search bar. I need your help.

Note: I’m using relevanssi plugin for synonyms of the products we offer.

Hello,

Please deactivate all the plugins except these ones:

Slider Revolution
    WPBakery Page Builder or Elementor
    Woodmart Core
    Contact Form 7
    MailChimp for WordPress
    WooCommerce
    Safe SVG

If the problem has gone, activate the plugins one by one, checking the issue to detect which one causes the problem.

In case, the problem remains, even after all the plugins are deactivated, provide your site admin access (insert the site credentials into the Private content block under the message area) and confirm the permission for plugins deactivation, switching to the parent or default theme. As soon as we complete the testing we will enable all back, however, the site would be without plugins for 15-20 min. You would better make the full backup of your site.

Best Regards

farah
    Participant

The issue is relevanssi plugin not working for product SKUs. It is working for synonyms and direct word searches for my products, but not with SKUs for products. Some of my customers search for products by adding their SKUs to the search bar, and when they don’t get it ultimately my loss.

Without relevanssi plugin product search with their SKUs works fine, but I need relevanssi plugin for adding synonyms of the products. And this plugin also provides useful user search data, which helps me to add demanded products to the website.

Is there any way where this issue can be fixed with relevanssi plugin? You can check my staging website.

Hello,

You need to disable “Use Relevanssi for AJAX search” in the Theme Settings > General > Search.

The search by SKU would work, with activated Relevanssi plugin.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

farah
    Participant

After disabling “Use Relevanssi for AJAX search” search by SKU works, but not the search by synonyms work. Now tell me what should I do?

Hello,

Unfortunately, your site access got invalid and our developers could not check, please update the site access and keep them valid.

Best Regards

farah
    Participant

Please try now.

Hello,

I have submitted the case to our developer for deeper investigation.

Best Regards

farah
    Participant

No, I just want you to solve this problem ASAP.

Kind Regards

farah
    Participant

There is one problem I noticed the icons in the footer of the first column are not showing anywhere except on the about us page. Check the screenshots

Why is this happening? The staging website has the same problem.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

1. Please provide FTP access to Private content (admin and FTP access, relevant URL) our developers would take a closer look.

2. You need to set “Always use” for FontsomeAwsom icons in the Theme Settings > Performance > Icons: https://monosnap.com/file/SP7eBZGsDZqX2zd2mgKOJNiJUKS3Wa

Best Regards

farah
    Participant

Hi,

Can’t the “WP File Manager” plugin work for you? Because Siteground required email code verification for login purposes. Please check it I installed the plugin on the website.

And thanks for resolving the other issue.

Hello,

Unfortunately, “WP File Manager” plugin would not work. We will need FTP.

Best Regards

farah
    Participant

Hi,

There is another issue with the issue as mentioned earlier with relevanssi plugin. When we add the partial word for the desired product it shows in the search results but when we add the complete term the search results show only the complete word products, not the matching partial term. See the screenshots for a better understanding of this issue.

In the screenshots I’m looking for scalpels; when I add the term “scalpel” it shows the complete range of products with a scalpel but when I add the complete word “scalpels” it removes the products with the partial word and presents the complete word products. Why is that? It should show all products.

I’m giving you FTP credentials for my live website please look into it ASAP.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

farah
    Participant

???

Hello,

We are sorry for the delay.

Yes, the search by SKU does not work with this plugin. Please apply this patch: 458193 and check how it works.

Find our documentation tutorial about this here: https://xtemos.com/docs-topic/automatic-patcher/

Best Regards

farah
    Participant

The issue of search by SKU is resolved, thanks for this. But what about the issue I mentioned on April 5th???
    “Hi,

There is another issue with the issue as mentioned earlier with relevanssi plugin. When we add the partial word for the desired product it shows in the search results but when we add the complete term the search results show only the complete word products, not the matching partial term. See the screenshots for a better understanding of this issue.

In the screenshots I’m looking for scalpels; when I add the term “scalpel” it shows the complete range of products with a scalpel but when I add the complete word “scalpels” it removes the products with the partial word and presents the complete word products. Why is that? It should show all products.

I’m giving you FTP credentials for my live website please look into it ASAP.”

Kindly me to solve it.

Hello,

Please make the full backup of your site and check the issue on the Storefront theme to detect if our theme causes the problem. Storefront is a free theme developed by WooСommerce.

Best Regards

farah
    Participant

Hi,

I switch the theme of the staging website to the storefront theme. And the issue is still the same. Without the relevanssi plugin the search results are same both on woodmart theme and storefront theme.

Now I don’t understand where is the problem? Is the problem in WordPress itself? Is it even possible?

Kindly guide me what to do?

Hello,

Yes, if you see the same on the Storefront, it means that WoodMart does not cause the problem. It is the way it works.

Best Regards

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)