Home Forums Basel support forum Product thumbnail images not resizing/messed up category archive layout

Product thumbnail images not resizing/messed up category archive layout

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

wizard247
    Participant

Hi,

I was playing around with product, category and thumbnail sizes and have settled on the following:

Catalog images 262Ɨ210 px Hard crop? Yes
    Single product image 524Ɨ420 px Hard crop? Yes
    Product thumbnails 131Ɨ105 px Hard crop? Yes

I have run the Force Regenerate Thumbnails plugin, I have run the Regenerate Thumbnails plugin, but no matter what I do, the category pages show thumbnails of 150×150 px. HOWEVER, when I apply a filter (say “educational institutions”), the correct size of 262x210px appears. Remove the filter and the 150×150 thumbnails are back.

How is this possible?

Page: https://sterlingsupplies.com.au/new/category/stair-nosings/

Secondary and just as weird to this is the fact that when the filter returns the products, if there is one product on a row by itself it is much larger than the other thumbnails.

Also, the product category first row shows four products – as that is how many columns are set, but the second and third rows show 2 products and then the last row shows four products again.

What is going on here?

I’ve removed all my custom css just to make sure there are no conflicts.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We are glad to know that you considered using Basel for your web-site. I hope you will be happy with it.

Could you please disable all additional plugins so we can check without them? Also, it would be easier if you can provide us your FTP access.

Different product block sizes were caused by this option enabled in Theme Settings -> Shop.

Kind Regards
    Xtemos

wizard247
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve disabled all except the Basel plugins.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We don’t see your site files with FTP you provided. Also, could you please install some default WordPress theme to see if it is our theme issue or WooCommerce related?

wizard247
    Participant

Just activated TwentySeventeen – the thumbnails are displaying correctly, so I think this is a Basel issue.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

OK, thank you. Please, check the FTP so we can see our theme files and try to find the problem.

wizard247
    Participant

See below for FTP details.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

OK, we fixed the issue for you and will include it in our next theme update.

Regards

wizard247
    Participant

Excellent support, guys – thanks! šŸ™‚

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You are welcome šŸ™‚

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Product thumbnail images not resizing/messed up category archive layout’ is closed to new replies.