Home Forums WoodMart support forum Product Variation Image Gallery Clash with this theme

Product Variation Image Gallery Clash with this theme

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Danny96
    Participant

Hi,
    I needed variation images for my products to be added, so I bought and downloaded a plugin called “Woocommerce Additional Variation Images”, which adds the variation images to a product when I import the CSVs. However, the product gallery clashes from that plugin and this theme, so the plugin overrides this theme. When I activate the “zoom image” icon, the page loads and you can see the icon for about 1 second then it disappears, and the 2nd image moves slightly to where the plugin wants it to go.

I have deactivated the plugin and the “zoom image” icon feature works, however I need that plugin as I cannot add 1000s of variation images manually. I have contacted the support people for the plugin and they have directed me here, saying that I need to get code to work this theme around that plugin.

Is there any code I can add that will let this theme overwrite the plugin, so I can still import variation images, but I can use the product gallery for this theme? As I would like to use the “zoom image” icon.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We don’t declare our theme as compatible with this plugin since our theme already has additional variations images option built-in. Be sure that you have the latest version of the theme installed and enable this option in Theme Settings -> Product page -> Images.

Kind Regards

Danny96
    Participant

Hi,

I had this option enabled, but when I changed a products image, the variations didn’t change. For example a product would have 3 default images, and when I changed the colour, only the main image would change, the other 2 images would stay as the default colour. Is there no way that I can make this theme overwrite that plugin, as I can see this theme gallery working for 1 second on the page load, before it changes to the plugins way. If not I understand.

Kind regards

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Actually, variations images should be updated as well. You can see how it works on our demo https://woodmart.xtemos.com/shop/furniture/facilisis-ligula-aliquet/
    Sorry, but we don’t have an instruction on how to integrate that plugin with our theme.

Danny96
    Participant

Hi, the only way I’ve seen this work, is if I add all the variation images myself manually, which I cannot do as I will have 1000s to do, which is why I used this plugin as it creates the variations when I import the data.

I’ve seen similar topics on this forum, but the code that was supplied to them didn’t work for me, it allowed the lightbox to be enabled with that plugin, but it stopped the images changing when a colour was changed. Woocommerce told me that I would need code which works around the plugin, as the plugin uses its own product gallery which is different to the theme one.

Kind regards

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Sorry, but we no longer support that code since this option is available in our theme’s core.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)