Home Forums WoodMart support forum Products on Compare page are not removed

Products on Compare page are not removed

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Vial
    Participant

Hello,

I noticed an error on my comparison page yesterday:

For example, if I want to compare 3 products with each other and want to remove them from the comparison page, this only works for max. 1 product.
    The other 2 products remain and when I press “Remove”, the product switches back and forth between the 3 products added for comparison.

In old tickets it was said that it could be a cache error. However, I no longer have an active cache on my test page and always test in incognito mode.

If I now delete 1 product and reload the comparison page, all 3 products appear again on the page and also in the comparison icon in the header.

I don’t see any JavaScript errors in the console.
    The only thing that is noticeable is that a woodmart_compare_list cookie appears twice in the console with different “Expire” data.
    The cookie with the exact expire date appears when you add the products for comparison. The second cookie with the expire date of “end of session” appears as soon as the products are to be removed again. The value of the cookie also increases with each click.

If I delete these cookies, the comparison page is empty again.

On a functioning website with Woodmart comparison function, there is only 1 cookie that is removed when all products on the page are removed.

I work on a multisite and have created a duplicate of a subpage for testing. I have deactivated all plugins as far as possible and have no custom JS or CSS active.

How do I get rid of this bug? Could you please help me?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Please, disable all plugins that are not related to our theme and provide us with your admin and FTP access. We will log in and check what is wrong there. You can leave only the following plugins that are required for our theme:
    WoodMart core
    WooCommerce
    Elementor/WPBakery page builder

Thank you in advance

Vial
    Participant

Hello Artem,

This is the access to the test page on the multisite installation. The remaining websites/pages are already live.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

The issues seem to be related to the domain specified in the Cookies record. For some unknown reason, Cookies are set for different domains with JS and PHP. We don’t know exactly why it happens but we suppose that it is some how related to the subdomain or server configuration. Could you please clarify are you going to use sudomains or you have only testing website on subdomain?

Kind Regards

Vial
    Participant

Hello Artem,

Thank you for your feedback. I am using 6 subdomains in my multisite with 6 different domains.

How can this cookie error be rectified?
    Is it the settings in wp_config or should the web host have a look at it?

Kind regards

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

In this case, try to contact your host for help so maybe it is somehow related to the server configuration.

Vial
    Participant

Thank you for the information and your analysis. Then that’s what I’ll do!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

OK, I will keep this topic open. Let me know if you get any extra information.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)