Home Forums WoodMart support forum Profile Picture Field Missing

Profile Picture Field Missing

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Having trouble with the Profile Picture field missing from the User Profile form on the admin site. Is there any other way to add the avatar photo to the user profile? Otherwise it’s missing from the Author Bio section on every blog post.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

WordPress doesn’t have avatar feature by default. You can use some additional extra plugin to add this functionality like this one https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-user-avatar/

Kind Regards

Thanks for that… I’m looking for this functionality, where the photo of the blog post author appears on screen, like in the screenshot. How do I make this happen?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Be sure that you have enabled “Author bio” section in Theme Settings -> Blog. And you have this field filled for your authors in Dashboard -> Users https://gyazo.com/62eaae25cfd13832935f2c1f3a3429ae

Regards

Yes, I do have the Author Bio section enabled in the Theme Settings.

The field for the authors does not appear for me in the admin site… see screenshot.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Did you install the plugin? There is a bio info field on your screenshot but it is empty at the moment.

Yes, plugin is installed and I have a photo uploaded… but it is not working still…

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Could you please provide us your admin access so we can check what is wrong?

Thanks so much for your help. The log in details are here:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Could you please provide us your FTP access also?

I’ve just migrated my test/staging site to production and I’m coming up with the same issue again. Are you able to fix this for me? Or is there a way I can fix this myself?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Please, provide us your admin and FTP access so we can check it.

Oh sorry, I thought I provided this several days ago…

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

But as we can see you still didn’t install the plugin we wrote you previously.

Oh great! I just added the WP User Avatar plugin and it all works now. Thank you so much!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You are welcome!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)