Home Forums WoodMart support forum quickview customization

quickview customization

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

tchubb
    Participant

I would like to make a shop page that when products are clicked on it looks like this light box that pops up

https://www.ubereats.com/tallahassee/food-delivery/burger-king-1060-w-tennessee-street/L_gPWJ9MQ-W3dGFGKedl0w

(For example click the large impossible whopper meal or see the screenshot I attached)

From looking over your forums and features I am making the following assumptions:

1. I cannot add the checkbox or radio button natively so I have to get a plugin or custom programming for that?

2. I don’t think there is a way to do this natively with the swatch attribute feature because user may select multiple addons and this will create too many variations which even if i fix the variation limit in woocommerce it is still too many to manually add the prices too (unless you have another idea)

So based on these two assumptions not being possible I am thinking that I need to get a product addon plugin.

And this leads me to my question which is:

If I get a product add on plugin I still need to add the functionality of the lightbox feature popping up when user clicks add to cart or on the product image, so is this possible?

1a) In other words is it possible to make it so that the user is only able to view the quickview screen and not click on product page

1b) is it possible for when user to click add to cart for them to go to a lightbox or quickview like in the screenshot?

1c) would this quick view be the right screen to send them to or should I try to get a lightbox plugin for the product page? Meaning would this quickview box be able to show the checkboxes and radio buttons like in the screenshot?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

A quick view product is a popup window that shows brief information on the product. In order to implement the features you want you will require a plugin or even a customization. If you decide to apply a plugin, check with the plugin developer option fro 14 (30) days no question refund for the case if the plugin is not compatible. Very often extra product option plugins are not compatible.

Start with this free plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/woo-extra-product-options/

We have not tested this plugin we do not guarantee it is 100% with our theme, just try it.

Best Regards

tchubb
    Participant

Thanks I am familiar with this plugin and was trying to decide between this and some other ones and would like to know if you recommended this one because it was first in the restuls or because you have seen others use it with woodmart, or some other reason?

tchubb
    Participant

also is there anything we can do on the CSS or any customization you can give me to only allow the quickview option for certain items, like items that have this product options enabled?

Hello,

I recommend this plugin because it is free and if it is not compatible you lose nothing. You can try other ones, just make sure the developer would refund you if something goes wrong, for examle, incompatibility.

Customization is not covered by our support, at the same time, if it is possible to provide a quick solution to fix incompatibility we would help, by you would better not count on this. If you will need minor CSS changes we shall provide.

Best Regards

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)