Home Forums WoodMart support forum Related Products Slider Doesn’t Show Related Products

Related Products Slider Doesn’t Show Related Products

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author

Hello,

When I am on the home page and click “view all” I get to a category page “New arrival”. As far as I understand you mean the shop page. The Shop page is the main functional page of Woocommerce it should be on the site, if you want to hide it you can install any redirection page and redirect to the home page or any category page.

Woocommerce cannot work correctly without this page.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

Agromo
    Participant

Hi,

When you stated: “The Shop page is the main functional page of Woocommerce it should be on the site, if you want to hide it you can install any redirection page and redirect to the home page or any category page. Woocommerce cannot work correctly without this page.” What did you mean it cannot function without the shop page, especially when not all E-commerce websites have a shop page with all the products listed under one page, and the products were already selected under other specific categories already?

Also, even if the Shop page is not removable and the website is not able to function without it, then can you please tell me what you did on my staging site, that after I deleted the “All Accessories” page that was created to list all the accessories under one page, and after I deleted the “Shop All” page, both on the staging site, the Related Products started showing the correct products in that area. However, when I deleted the same “All Accessories” & “Shop All” pages on my live website, the You May Also Like slider ( which I assume is still the Related Products slide) is still showing the wrong products on the slider? Why does it work on one site, but mot the other site? I would just like to fix this issue once and for all. Thanks.

Hello,

Woocommerce requires a set of essentials functional pages: Shop, Cart, My account, checkout. The Woocommerce would not work properly without these pages.

Please make sure you distinguish between the shop page and product category page. The shop page is single. The Product category page looks like a shop page. You can add and delete the product categories, however, you should not delete the shop page.

Best Regards

Agromo
    Participant

Hi, you didn’t respond to my main question. So I will asked it here again. But first I would like to remind you just in case you may have forgotten. You told me to create a clone of my website so you could figure out why the Related Products slider wasn’t showing products related to the main product on the product detail page. I’m not sure what you did, but when I go on the staging site, the original “Related Product” title is now seen again, instead of the “You May Also Like” title. Also, it’s not a slider or carousel presently, you made it a grid. I would just like to know what you did differently to it besides changing it from slider to now a grid? I would like to know, because I think I could better understand what needs to also me done to my live site. When I deleted “All Accessories” page & what I thought was the “Shop All” page, the products in the “Related Products” section instantly started showing the correct products in the Related Products section on the staging site. However, when I deleted the same to pages on my live site, the slider “You May Also Like” (Related Products) was still not showing the correct related products on the slider, the products were mixed. I would just like your help trying to sort this out once and for all. Thanks.

Agromo
    Participant

This a continuation of my last message above.

The page that I deleted that I saw listed under “Pages” on the backend was called “Shop All”, so I’m not sure what I deleted. Because when I checked the page I thought was the official “Shop All” page after I deleted that named page, I still saw the page on the website, and it was not deleted at all.

I asked the developer that setup the website to change the title on the page for “Shop” to “Shop All”, so I guess that page must’ve been the Shop page all along. I thought that he created that page so I could list all the products on that page. If the original WooCommerce Shop page is very important and essentially, I definitely don’t want to remove it. I don’t know what I deleted then, because the Shop page is still seen on both the live and staging site after I deleted a page with a similar name. It’s not listed on the menu, but you can be redirected straight to the Shop page from the homepage when you click the “View All Products” button under the “The Features” section. If you haven’t read my last above message yet, please do. Thanks.

Hello,

You told me to create a clone of my website so you could figure out why the Related Products slider wasn’t showing products related to the main product on the product detail page.

I remember that. Please follow the steps in the message #324679 dd October 12, 2021 at 4:07 pm I did not touch the shop page, it may cause the whole Woocommerce breakdown. Please restore this page.

I’m not sure what you did, but when I go on the staging site, the original “Related Product” title is now seen again, instead of the “You May Also Like” title. Also, it’s not a slider or carousel presently, you made it a grid. I would just like to know what you did differently to it besides changing it from slider to now a grid?

I have disabled the plugins.

When you assign the product to one category only, then Woocommerce knows which related products to show. When your product has been assigned to more than one category, Woocommerce does not know which category to show and which shows all.

Best Regards

Agromo
    Participant

Hi,

I went back over the old post you suggested to me, but I still have a couple of questions.

1). You: “When you assign the product to one category only, then Woocommerce knows which related products to show. When your product has been assigned to more than one category, Woocommerce does not know which category to show and which shows all.”

Me: On the staging site, the products are still assigned to multiple or mixed categories now. The products are first assigned to their official single categories, then to the “New Arrivals” page & some are under “Boho” as well. And the products were not tagged neither, but after I deleted 2 other mixed category pages a few days ago, I staging site started showing the correct Related Products in that area.

2). You: “I have disabled the carousel for better demostration.”

Me: Is Related Products by default a Carousel or slider?
    And do you know for sure if the “You May Also Like” slider on my live site is the same “Related Products” slider on the staging site? I just want to make sure it’s the same thing, but just only the title was changed, because this may be the reason for the area now showing the correct item on the staging site, but not on my main site when I did the same things to both. Can you please look into this then let me know? This is my last request on this topic, because I would like to move on from it. Thanks.

Hello,

On the staging site, the products are still assigned to multiple or mixed categories now. The products are first assigned to their official single categories, then to the “New Arrivals” page & some are under “Boho” as well. And the products were not tagged either, but after I deleted 2 other mixed category pages a few days ago, I staging site started showing the correct Related Products in that area.

Please make the full backup of your live site and do the same on the live site, also follow my steps in the message #324679 dd October 12, 2021 at 4:07 pm

Me: Is Related Products by default a Carousel or slider?

By default, it is a grid.

And do you know for sure if the “You May Also Like” slider on my live site is the same “Related Products” slider on the staging site?

Yes, for that moment I checked the issue it was so. I disabled showing the related products in the Theme Settings > Single Product > Related products, and “You may also like” disappeared moreover I see it inspecting the code.

Best Regards

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)