Home Forums WoodMart support forum Related Products Slider Doesn’t Show Related Products

Related Products Slider Doesn’t Show Related Products

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author

Agromo
    Participant

Hi,

This is my 3 time discussing this matter on here. I was told to open a new topic for further assistance, since it was originally asked under another topic. This is related to the Related Products slider on the single product pages, and why I’m not seeing similar or related items on the slider when I view products from most of the official categories. Only products that are Dresses or Handbags showed up correctly on Related Products (renamed You May Also Like) slider, the rest are wrong.

The last 2 times I was basically told the same things, that Related Products (You May Also Like) is a section that pulls products from the store that share the same tags or categories as the current product, and I needed to make sure that the products must share some tags or categories. I’m not sure what that means exactly, because as far as I know, the products are checked off under the correct categories. However, some products are under multiple categories. I have 2 subcategories “Clothing“ and “Accessories”, which have several different pages under each one, and I also have “Shop All”, “New Arrivals”, and “Boho” pages which are mixed category pages. Some Dresses & Handbags are under multiple pages as well, so I don’t know why products under those 2 categories show up correctly under on the Related Products (You May Also Like) slider, but the other ones are not related. I only want the products to be related on the slider for the products official categories, not mixed categories. It strange if someone is looking at a TOP, but the slider is showing them Belts, Earrings, etc. as Related Products.

This is my 3 time seeking help on this matter, the first 2 time I brought up my concerns, I never really got anywhere with it. This time I’m being more detailed, so I hope it’s understood a little bit better at least. If you’re not able to log into the website to look around to see if the right tags or things were enabled correctly to show only products on the slider from a single category, then at least tell me where on the backend I should look, and what I should check or uncheck, enable or disable. If possible, please send me a screenshot of the area. I would just like to resolve this matter once and for all. Thanks.

Hello,

Please check this article: https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/related-products-up-sells-and-cross-sells/

Then check how your related products are shown on the Storefront theme. Products are the Woocommerce functionality, no WordPress theme influences the way they are set and shown.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

Agromo
    Participant

Hi,

Yes, I saw the link you sent me above, it only gave small general explanations of what Related Product does, but still didn’t explain or helped me figure out what to do about the things I ask about in my first original questions above, under this topic I created. I even clicked under “Linked Products”, but all I saw was “Up-sell” & “Cross-sells”, not about Related Products to even check the tags or categories. I’m just completely confused, and would really like this issue resolved. Like I stated before, it’s odd having a related item product slider showing belts, earrings, necklaces, etc. under a product page for either Tops, Bottoms, Jumpsuits, etc., and consider those things Related Products. The developer I was working with before couldn’t figure out how to fix the issue, so I feel stuck and don’t know to fix the problem. I should be launching my website soon, so this is urgent for me to get fixed.

Hello,

By default Related products are products of the same product category, please have a look at the screen: https://gyazo.com/f6c20824c9b09264c0407191abea11a3

If you want to connect the products from different categories as related, you need to add tags. In this case, related products would ignore the product category and be displayed by a tag. This is the default Woocommerce functionality described in the documentation I referred to.

WoodMart theme has two options: to show the related products as a grid or carouse. That is all WoodMart theme can and influence – only view of the related products.

You may also like and products shown in the shopping cart are cross-sell and up-sell products, they are manually added to the product page.

Related Products ARE NOT (You May Also Like). Please check the Woocommerce documentation once more: https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/related-products-up-sells-and-cross-sells/

If you think the products are not selected correctly to show, please check how they are shown on the Storefront theme.

If you have any problem, please provide the product page URL and screen what is wrong, and how it should be.

Best Regards

Agromo
    Participant

Hi,

I’m not sure what you meant above when you stated “ Related Products ARE NOT (You May Also Like).” As far as I know, the developer that setup the website changed the title(texts) from “Related Products” to “You May Also Like”, but the slider was meant to function the same as Related Products. Every time the plugins unrelated to the theme were disabled, I would see the original default “Related Products” title above the slider. And the developer told me it was the same slider, he never told me otherwise. Are you sure the 2 are not the same slider with the same functionalities, that only the title was changed?

Hello,

You can name the Related products in any way, however, there are;

Related products – products shown by category or tag.

Cross-Sells – they appear in the shopping cart added manually to the product page.

Up-Sells – usually they are called “You may also like” added manually to the product and appear on the product page.

Our theme doesn’t not influence the functionality. When you developer changed the title he changed that in the Woocommerce files. Our theme support does not cover fixing Woocommerce customization. Please contact your developer, ask to make the full backup of your site, reset it to the default state and check how it works.

Best Regards

Agromo
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for that breakdown. I’ll find another developer to sort out that slider issue, since the original one couldn’t figure it out. Thanks.

Hello,

You do not need a developer for such a task, it just requires the correct configuration.

First of all, find the string “Related products” and restore its initial wording. You have got confused because you have renamed “Related products” into “You may also like”.

“You may also like” are Up-Sells – usually they are called “You may also like” added manually to the product and appear on the product page.

You can give me one product, and describe what products you want to show on this product page, I will try to give step-by-step guidance to clarify.

Best Regards

Agromo
    Participant

Hi,

I didn’t personally renamed it You May Also Like myself, I told the developer at the time to do it. I thought he would know if there was a difference between the Related Items & You May Also Like, and would’ve done what it took to allow similar images on the slider like the main one that’s being viewed on the product page. After I told him that similar items weren’t showing up on the slider as the main product, he should’ve automatically known why, then fixed it. If a Top is being viewed, I would like all tops to be viewed on the slider, if a bottom is being viewed, I would like all bottoms to be viewed on the slider, If a hair accessories is being viewed, I would like all hair accessories on the slider, etc.

As for you asking me to let you know what product I would like you to add, then describe what products I would like to show on that product page, I just don’t see how that would be possible or practical. I have about 500 products on the website, and I can’t see myself manually adding multiple products for the slider when viewing each item on the website. Please let me know if this is what I would be faced with if I did it manually, and in order for similar items to show up on the slider as the main product that’s being viewed. Thanks.

Hello,

Please update your site admin access, insert the credentials into the Private area, I will check again your translation and settings, and check how the Related products are shown. As we discussed above Related products are products automatically taken from the same category, and you do not need to do anything manually. You just enable showing them in the Theme Settings, and they would be presented. The only issue may occur with the sub-categories, as far as I remember, if you have sub-categories Woocommerce may show them as well, not sure for 100%. Let me check your site once more.

Best Regards

Agromo
    Participant

Hi,

Yes, I have subcategories for Clothing & Accessories. I also have mixed categories and pages like New Arrivals, Shop All & Boho. See below for the login. Thanks.

Hello,

I have checked Black V Cuff Bracelet it relates to BRACELETS and I see the related products are not displayed as they should. There are 11 products and they only should be shown.

Perhaps the site has been customizing or other plugins influence. Do you have the possibility to clone your site to a staging platform where I can test deeper without plugins?

Best Regards

Agromo
    Participant

Hi,

Did you looked into the translation and settings, and check how the Related products are shown like you said you would yesterday?

Also, I just logged into my website and was looking around on the single product pages, and I noticed that the You May Also Like is now a grid instead of a slider like it was before. Did you changed it then forgot to put it back to the slider format? Thanks.

Agromo
    Participant

Hi,

I’m just saw your last response. No, I don’t have the possibility to clone my website on my own. I’m not familiar with that sort of thing to do it by myself.

Hello,

Sorry I could forget to enable the slider again, I have checked Loco there is no translations, the developer could change that in the cod or else.

You can ask your host support for creating a staging platform for testing, majority of hosts provide the option for free, they can also guide you on how to create the clone and move, I do not want to test the live site, I feel there are customizations, that maybe be broken, at the same time I see unnecessary plugins, my purpose is to remove all excessive customization and plugins I can do such on testing site only.

That is why please write to your host, if they provide the staging platform, it would be fine, by the way, what host do you use?

Best Regards

Agromo
    Participant

Hi,

I use SiteGround for hosting. I’ll reach out to them about how to clone and move the staging website.Thanks.

Agromo
    Participant

Hi,

I created a clone of the website like you asked. I also added an extra password to it, separately from my other login. I hope you’ll be able to figure something out. Thanks.

Hello,

Please insert the access to the site and give the user Id to login https://gyazo.com/731f8ef616c3a3bd6a09bbc984fdfd14 you have provided the password only.

Best Regards

Agromo
    Participant

Hi,

Sorry about that, I forgot to include the user id. Please check below. Thanks.

Hello,

I cannot pass through this: https://gyazo.com/ccc8aac52a75e3deb3de2e5a89c05db0

Please enable the Maintenance mode in the Theme Settings instead of this blocking or give me both access to the front and to the admin panel.

Best Regards

Agromo
    Participant

Hi,

I gave you the username & password to the first step. And I thought you would’ve known just to use the same credentials to the backend of the staging site, as the same one from my official site. I asked the hosting company, and I was told that the backend credentials are the same for both sites because they’re clones. Anyway, please see below for the login information again. Thanks.

Hello,

The front-end access does not work. Please check again. https://gyazo.com/7769c42eae37571a84875f14b6e978ec

Best Regards

Agromo
    Participant

Hi,

Sorry for all the trouble. I actually tested the front-end username and password before I sent them back to go again in my last message, and everything worked. But just so there is no more issues, I went ahead and removed the front-end password protection. You should have access now. The login credentials to the backend you already have. Thanks.

Hello,

I have disabled the carousel for better demostration.

I have deactivated all the plugins that assume customization. I left theme-related and Woocommerce related plugins.

I have reuploaded the theme. The title “Related products” is back.

When the products are assigned to one category only as Jumpsuits the product shows Related products from this category only. When the product is assigned to more than one category. The product page shows products from all categories. I have checked BRACELETS on the Storefront https://gyazo.com/1d3159ebae3ece91f65484a9a1b54916 You can see the products that are not in BRACELETS

Resume: you need to assign the product to one category only or show the related products by tag.

Please check the staging site now and if you do not need the plugins I have deactivated do not activate them at all. Then you will make the full backup of your live site and I will clear your live site from unnecessary customization.

Best Regards

Agromo
    Participant

Hi,

When you said: “you need to assign the product to one category only or show the related products by tag”, what did you mean by tag? If possible, please send me a screenshot of an example of it, or where on the backend can you show or enable a product by tag.

And if the products were shown by tags, would the products show up correctly on the Related product slider, even if the products were still under multiple categories?

As for the plugin and which are necessary vs not, I can’t really say, because I not know what some of them are really for, and if removing some of them would break any of the customizations or functionalities. So far, I noticed that the newsletter field at the bottom of the footer is missing, and a random code is seen there. I have a Checkout plugin, Payment gateway plugins, E-Gift Card plugins, which are all necessary, and 2 Mailchimp plugins, which I know at least one of them is necessary. The rest I’m not sure of.

However, the plugin that I really wanted to keep, but was told recently was causing some issues on the site was “SG Optimizer” by SiteGround. I had this plugin on my site for months without any issues, but all of a sudden it started caused a few errors. I believe a plugin or something is not really compatible with it, that’s why it caused a few errors. At least that’s what was told to me by a SiteGround support team member, and I agree with him. It’s a cache plugin with lots of great features, including optimizing the images on the site, so the large files wouldn’t slow the website down. In general, the plugin helps with speed in other ways, and now I can’t use it anymore. I just don’t know what plugin would be a good substitute for that cache plugin.

Agromo
    Participant

Hi,

I’m not sure if you saw my last response, so I’ll just make it shorter this time and just ask the following 2 questions again.

1). When you said: “you need to assign the product to one category only or show the related products by tag”, what did you mean by tag? If possible, please send me a screenshot of an example of it, or where on the backend can you show or enable a product by tag.

2). And if the products were shown by tags, would the products show up correctly on the Related product slider, even if the products were still under multiple categories?

Thanks

Agromo
    Participant

Hi,

I would just like to say that I think I may have found a solution to the Related Product slider issues. I decided to delete 2 pages, one for “Shop All” & the other for “All Accessories”, both had mixed categories. After deleting them, it seemed to have made the products on the slider show similar items to the main product. There are other mixed categories on the site which I left up like New Arrivals & Boho. But I guess I could still keep those, since things seem to be ok so far. I tested these on my staging site, so I’ll do the same on my live site.

I just wanted to give you a big thank you for going out of your way to help me get to the bottom of this issue. I really appreciate it. Thanks.

Hello,

The Related product is the Woocommerce feature, I know how it works in general, and in order to figure out the peculiarities, I needed the time to check and to test. That is why I could not reply fast.
    I am glad you have settled this issue with the Related products.

So far, I noticed that the newsletter field at the bottom of the footer is missing, and a random code is seen there.

Now the plugin MC4WP: Mailchimp for WordPress has been deactivated that is why you see the code instead of the form. Please activate and everything would work again.

I have a Checkout plugin, Payment gateway plugins, E-Gift Card plugins, which are all necessary, and 2 Mailchimp plugins, which I know at least one of them is necessary. The rest I’m not sure of.

Please activate these plugins, when I checked the work of the related products I did not touch them as they can hardly ever influence the related product performance.

However, the plugin that I really wanted to keep, but was told recently was causing some issues on the site was “SG Optimizer” by SiteGround. I had this plugin on my site for months without any issues, but all of a sudden it started caused a few errors

Such often happens when WordPress or Woocommerce has been updated and plugins have not.

Our demo uses WP Rocket.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us. We are here to help.

Best Regards

Agromo
    Participant

Hi,

I just went to my main website to delete the “Shop All” page from the website, which indicated to me that it was deleted from the messages that popped up before and after I deleted it. However, when I went to check to see if the page was actually deleted, I saw that the page was still there. The page was not listed on the menu, but when you go to the homepage and click on the black “VIEW ALL PRODUCTS” button under the section with the title “THE FEATURES”, you’ll be directed straight to the “Shop All” page. This is one of the pages that’s causing mixed category products to show up on the Related Products slider. The other page that was influencing this also was a page called “All Accessories”, which I successfully deleted.

I knew that those 2 pages were causing the issues with the Related Products slider, because after I deleted them on the staging site, the images in the Related Items area were showing up correctly after then. I would like you to please look into the matter for me, then try to get rid of the “Shop All” page that I thought I already deleted. Again, you’ll see the page when you go to the homepage and click on the black “VIEW ALL PRODUCTS” button under the section with the title “THE FEATURES”, you’ll be directed straight to the “Shop All” page. This section it also above the Gift Card banner on the homepage. Thanks.

Agromo
    Participant

Hi,

I sent you a message above yesterday, but I don’t know if you actually saw it. I wasn’t aware that my support officially expired yesterday when I sent you the message. Please see my last message above this one. The Related Items issue got sorted out on the staging site, but it’s still an issue on my main website and I don’t know why. I’m not sure what you did differently one the staging site that made things show correctly on the slider after I deleted those 2 pages I mentioned above.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 38 total)