Home Forums WoodMart support forum Remove Additional Gallery Image on Variable Product Single Page

Remove Additional Gallery Image on Variable Product Single Page

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

webaits
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve a featured image and an additional gallery image (let’s say it xyz.jpg) for a variable product to show the alternate image on product hover on shop page.

The product has 3 sizes.

The featured image is also main variation image for the size L.
    Similarly, the gallery image is additional variation image for the size too.

Size L is selected as default variation on single product page.

Size M and XL, each has own main variation image.

The issue:

Upon clicking to size M or XL, the gallery image (xyz.jpg) stays as a part of gallery thumbnails slider. Why is it there?

There should be only variation specific images in the gallery thumbnails slider. How do I remove additional gallery images (xyz.jpg) that are not the part of the selected variation upon click on the single product page?

The same issue appears in all variable products. Here is another link:
    https://www.craftesy.com/rayon-printed-designer-maxi-dress-gowns-for-women/

Thanks

Hello,

Please provide your site admin access I will check the product. If you have added main images, images to the main gallery, the main image to product variation as well as images to the gallery of the product variation, it should show variation image and variation gallery by clicking. There should not be images of the main product.

Best Regards

webaits
    Participant

Hello,

An screenshot is provided to let you understand the concern. Site access is given in the private. I would request you to check on your test/local installation too.

Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

You have not added images to gallery of variations. I have done that now https://gyazo.com/4abb8ed0f68ac9745321d2da3e189663

Now the gallery of variation shows the main product and image from the appropriate variation gallery https://gyazo.com/696fe98d58ca4a451160a93c12db76e5

Best Regards

webaits
    Participant

Hi,

This seems quite weird solution. I had never thought like that, adding the same image to variation image as well as variation gallery image.

Is there not any elegant solution like no image from main gallery in case variation gallery is empty?

At present it seems duplicating the same image for variation as well as variation gallery which doesn’t leave a good impression to the front as well as back-end. Click to either image and the same image will slide in the front.

The proper solution is like only that one variation image in gallery thumbnails, instead of the same twice. Why the themes doesn’t implement the feature in that way as well as any option to do it in that manner.

Thanks

Hello,

I have added the same images to the gallery just to demonstrate how to get rid of non appropriate image. You can upload different other images to the gallery.

Best Regards

webaits
    Participant

Hi,

I understand that you added them to demonstrate getting rid to unwanted image. But it’s not always possible to have extra product variation images. In such case the only option is using the same variation image twice.

Is that an elegant solution? Why don’t you remove the boundation of having extra variation images? If there are no additional variation images then just keep the one image in the gallery thumbnail slider upon variation selection. Why forcing user to either add an extra image or use the main variation image again or let the theme pick one inappropriate from main gallery image?

Hope you get me.

Thanks

Hello,

The default Woocommerce does not provide the option to add any images individually in the gallery to the variation product. This is an extra option, you can disregard this option. We keep working on improving the functionality. For now, it works as it does now.

Best Regards

webaits
    Participant

Hi,

I understand that the theme has offered many excellent features built-in, thus removing the need of external plugins for a true E-commerce theme. Also, I’m a fan of the theme for the same reason and really wish it to be at the top for WC E-commerce theme category.

While upgradation and optimization are continuous processes, somehow I feel that the team still wish to stick till the idea, “what WC has offered for a particular feature”, even the company has left it years ago by incorporating appealing features in its products beyond WC.

Like, the weird behavior of default color swatch on shop pages (I appreciate you improved that), not offering popup zoom on single product page with the reason that is not a part of WooCommerce.

However, your efforts are worth appreciation. I will extend the support period. Just I wish you don’t leave any feature incomplete (like tooltip text behavior in wishlist) or turn a feature in weird way (like gallery variation in this ticket) as well as do giving up WooCommerce boundaries. This theme is far above and not comparable to any official WC theme.

Good luck and regards.

Hello,

We thank you for the feedback. We shall do our best to improve the existing features and add new ones.

Best Regards

webaits
    Participant

Hi,

I have checked that the version 4.2.1 has provided that it has fixed the additional variation images issue.

However, I couldn’t get the page and behavior without the issue. Can you please confirm me what additional variation images issue was fixed?

Issue:
    If there is no picture in image variation gallery, we need to duplicate the same main variation image to variation gallery. Else the theme will pick another image from product gallery.

https://xtemos.com/forums/topic/remove-additional-gallery-image-on-variable-product-single-page/#post-145670
    https://www.craftesy.com/rayon-printed-designer-maxi-dress-gowns-for-women/

Thanks

Hello,

The current version is 4.2.2 Please make the full backup of your site and update. https://xtemos.com/docs/woodmart/update-theme-2/ You can visit our theme page and check logs on all the fixes.

If a variation does not have the gallery, the main product gallery would be shown. This is the way it works and we cannot change that.

Best Regards

webaits
    Participant

Hi,

I have tested the behavior with many use cases and would like to list observed and expected behavior. Do let me know if the expected behavior is legitimate and can be implemented.

Case 1:
    Have the variation main image.
    Have the variation gallery images.

Observed and expected behaviors are the same. The theme picks the right variation gallery images for the particular variation upon selection.

Case 2:
    Don’t have variation main image.
    Don’t have variation gallery images.

Observed and expected behaviors are the same. The gallery contains images from product gallery despite the variation selection changes.

Case 3:
    Have variation main image.
    Don’t have variation gallery images.

Observed behavior:
    The variation gallery additionally picks the first image from the product gallery. So there are the main variation image and one irrelevant additional image during the variation selection change.

Expected behavior:
    The gallery for the variation should hold only the one main image for the variation.

Picking extra image from product gallery makes the product presentation false because the extra image belongs to another variation, not the selected one.
    Also, it confuses the user as well as the administrator.

Case 4:
    Have variation main image.
    Have the same main image in the variation gallery images.

Observed behavior:
    The variation gallery shows the same main variation image twice.

Expected behavior:
    There should be no need to tag the same main image into the gallery for the variation.

As it duplicates the image in the gallery. The user expects it to be different than the main s/he has previously seen. Otherwise it seems to be a programming fault or the user might feel that the operator has unintentionally added the same image else s/he would have one another view of the variation to look.

I have listed my reason along with the expected behavior. I’m more concerned to cases 3 and 4. Do let me know your view and would you please implement the expected behaviors.

Thank you

Hello,

This functionality work in the way you are described. It cannot be changed.

Case 4 The variation gallery shows the same main variation image twice. – It does not It shows the images from variations. If you upload one and the same, it shows on and the same Nobody usually uploads one and the same image. They upload different or leave the variation image empty.

Case 3 I one variation has the gallery, another does not, main product gallery is applied. Upload the gallery to each variation and you would have no problems.

Best Regards

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Remove Additional Gallery Image on Variable Product Single Page’ is closed to new replies.