Automatic updates with purchase code
Licensed Update is the easiest and safe way of an update. You do not need to do anything, WordPress will do the job for you.
In order to get the option for the automatic update, you need to activate your theme. Navigate to Dashboard -> WoodMart -> Theme License, insert the purchase code and check agreement for the storing of the purchase code and user data by xtemos.com
How to find your purchase code:
- Log into your Envato Market account.
- Hover the mouse over your username at the top of the screen.
- Click "Downloads" from the drop-down menu.
- Click ‘License certificate & purchase code’ (available as PDF or text file).
As soon as your theme has been activated you will see the notification on an update in Dashboard -> Appearance -> Themes. Enter the WoodMart theme and just press “Update now” on the theme as shown:
All the theme files will be updated. At the same time, all the theme settings and custom CSS remain.
NOTE: If you did some customization/code changes directly in our theme files you might lose them after updating all files
We suggest you customize our theme using child theme and don't change actual theme files as this will make it easier to update your parent theme.
Please follow these steps to update the theme manually in safe mode:
- Please make the full backup of your site, you can use a plugin or the host options;
- Export the Theme Settings in the Theme Settigns > Export /Import;
- Deactivate all the plugins on the site;
- Activate any default theme;
- Upload the recent theme version and replace the old files, activate the recent theme version;
- Update the plugins in the Appearance > Install plugins;
- Activate the plugins in Appearance > Install plugins, please note you can use one builder either Elementor or WP Bakery page builder.
- Check your site and finely activate other plugins and child theme;
Before updating, we suggest you take the full backup of your site (save the copy of all your files), export the Theme Settigns. To update our theme you need to download the latest version, rename or delete your current theme folder and Upload it from the admin panel or FTP client (see uploading guide)
I can't update the theme and get BAD_FORMAT error.
Very often during update, you can get the following error:
Update failed: The package could not be installed. PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature
It usually happens when you transfer your website completely to a new domain and deactivate the license on the old domain. In this case, your new activation is no longer valid. To avoid this you need to always deactivate the theme license before transferring your website.
To fix this problem and update the theme you need to perform the following actions:
- Go to Dashboard -> WoodMart -> Theme License and deactivate the theme.
- Go to Dashboard -> Updates and click on the "Check Again" button.
- Activate the theme with your purchase code again.
- Try to update the theme via Appearance -> Themes or via Dashboard -> Updates.