Home Forums WoodMart support forum Remove sidebar only from categories page

Remove sidebar only from categories page

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Stubbi
    Participant

Hi,
    First of all, thank you very much for the great template. I have a question about the Sidebar on the Shop page. I’ve read the question several times, but haven’t found a solution.
    When I click on the shop page, I just want show the categories without a sidebar, like this:
    https://woodmart.xtemos.com/shop/demo/lingerie/?opt=only_categories
    But the sidebar should appear when you click on the category, like here:
    https://woodmart.xtemos.com/product-category/clocks/demo/lingerie/
    I don’t want a off-canvas sidebar.
    How can I do that? Unfortunately I can’t find anything about it. Thank you in advance. Best regards

Hello,

Sorry, but it is not possible to remove the sidebar from the categories pages while keeping it for the Shop page.

It requires customizations and this is beyond our limitations and support policy.

Best Regards.

Stubbi
    Participant

Hi, thanks for the answer.
    But you show it as a demo on your homepage. How can you show something beyond your limitations and support policies? That’s a bad joke.
    That was one of the reasons to buy this template.
    Best regards.

Hello,

Sorry for the last message, I think I misunderstand your issue, you can hide the sidebar for the shop page from Edit the Shop page >> Sidebar Options >> Select the Sidebar Position as Without. Please see the screenshot for clarification: https://ibb.co/bBThdJX

Best Regards.

Stubbi
    Participant

Hi, thanks for reply. I’ve already tried that.
    I have set on the shop page that the categories are displayed. If I deactivate the sidebar on the page, it won’t appear on any other page.
    I would like that when the visitors click on the shop page, only the categories without a sidebar are displayed. If you then click on a category, the articles should be displayed with the sidebar. Just like on your demo pages.

Best Regards

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Sorry for the inconvenience, but this page is made for demo purposes only with custom coding. We will add a dedicated option for this in our next theme update.
    As for now, please, send us your shop page link so we can check it and give you a custom solution.

Kind Regards

Stubbi
    Participant

Hi,
    OK thanks for the help. The Data is in private content.
    Here you go.

Kind regards

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Try to add the following PHP code snippet to the child theme functions.php file to do this

add_action(
    	'wp',
    	function() {
    		global $xts_woodmart_options;
    		if ( is_shop() ) {
    			$xts_woodmart_options['shop_layout'] = 'full-width';
    		}
    	},
    );

Stubbi
    Participant

Hi,
    That works great. Thanks alot! One more Question:
    Would that also be possible if you first display the sub-categories instead of the products after the categories? Would be nice if you have a lot of sub-categories. But again, thank you very much and have a nice weekend.

Kind regards

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Could you please send us a link to this page so we can check? Or you don’t have such an example yet?

Regards

Stubbi
    Participant

Hi,
    attached a link.
    I have activated the display of the subcategories after the Categories.

Kind regards

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Sorry, but we can’t identify this page and hide the sidebar only in case if subcategories exist. We can do this for the shop page root.

Stubbi
    Participant

Hi,
    everything OK. You can close the issue. Many Thanks.
    best regards

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You are welcome! Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Remove sidebar only from categories page’ is closed to new replies.