Home Forums WoodMart support forum responsive text losing text sizes

responsive text losing text sizes

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

panagiotis
    Participant

Hello, i use woodmart to setup a site, but i have a strange problem. I have 2 languages and when i save a page in one language, the responsive text blocks in the other language (of the same page) lose the font sizes..

Check out this page in both Greek and English language…
    https://markellos-olive.gr/en/installments/

The title text box has the same font sizes in both languages, but when when i update the page in one language the text block fonts in the other language revert to default (although in the backend they have the right size in the block properties)

thank you in advance

Hello,

Thank you very much for choosing our theme and for contacting us.

Which plugin do you use? If you use WPML have you set “Translate independently” in the process of the translation creation?

Best Regards

panagiotis
    Participant

hello, no i use Polylang for the translations

Hello,

We have not tested this plugin with our theme and we do not guarantee the full compatibility and smooth operation. Please try to contact the plugin support.

Our theme is 100% compatible with WPML.

Best Regards

panagiotis
    Participant

Thank you again. You are trying to tell me that you have 17000 sales, and not one uses Polylang? You did not even try to see the problem live.

This is not helping, this is avoiding to help!!At least make some suggestion other than ‘i am sorry, bad luck..pay a few hundred dollars and buy WPML’

I did not have this problem until i updated the theme from v 3 to the latest. If you took the time to visit the page i sent you (https://markellos-olive.gr/en/installments/) you would have seen that there is also a problem with the styling and colors..It seems like it resets the styles when i update the page (but only for the language i am not updating!)

If you cannot help me, please forward me to someone who can.

Thank you in advance.

Hello,

Please provide the site admin access to the private area.

Best Regards

panagiotis
    Participant

I already provided these in my first message…I am sending it to you again.

Thank you in advance.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Could you please temporarily disable all external plugins that are not related to our theme including “must-use” category?

panagiotis
    Participant

hello, you want me to disable all the plugins in a live woocommerce shop???

Since you have admin login credentials, you can do it. But please activate the maintenance page from the theme options.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Yes, please, temporarily disable them by yourself. Otherwise, you can create a staging copy of your website to perform such kind of tests.

panagiotis
    Participant

Hello i did it in a staging environment today with xampp, with all plugins deactivated (except Polylang + the plugins needed by the theme).

The problem continues even with all plugins deactivated. It is like it is reading a different css depending on language…

panagiotis
    Participant

Why is it reading a css from ‘http://localhost/wordpress-1/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/xts-theme_settings_default-1594369103.css?ver=4.6.0’ ?? (the link is in my staging environment test. It is the same for the live site too….It reads from the uploads of the live site)

Is it normal to save a css in the uploads folder?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

This is not related to the initial problem.

Please, send us your FTP access so we can check what is wrong with page styles.

panagiotis
    Participant

ok am sending it to you below in the private content section

Thank you for your time!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

The problem is caused by the optimization plugin called “PhastPress”.

panagiotis
    Participant

Hello, i disabled all plugins and the problem was not solved…

Did you change the styling? The site is completely broken now…

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Firstly, please, disable all cache plugins temporarily.
    Then you have a problem with your website URL settings. You need to correct it in Dashboard -> Settings -> General. It should start with “HTTPS” if you are going to use HTTPS on your website.
    The problem with responsive text sizes is already resolved.

panagiotis
    Participant

Yes i removed simple ssl plugin today thats why i had the problems with https.

But the problem with responsive texts is not corrected. i removed all caching plugins but the problem persists. Dont look at the homepage and other pages..I corrected the problem with custom css..

please test the page i told you: https://markellos-olive.gr/en/installments/

I have left the problem in this page (no custom css to fix the text sizes) so you can test it..

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Try to add the following PHP code snippet to the child theme functions.php file to fix this. Clear your plugin’s cache and resave these pages.

add_action( 'init', function(){
        add_filter( 'pll_copy_post_metas', function($metas){
            foreach ($metas as $key => $value) {
          if ( 'woodmart_shortcodes_custom_css' === $value ) {
            unset( $metas[$key] );
          }
        }

return $metas;
        }, 1 );
    } );

panagiotis
    Participant

Hello this seems to fix the problem!! Is this a bug or something in my configuration?

thank you for your effort, time and patience!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

It seems that this plugin always copies all posts meta to the translated page. But this particular meta (that contains our elements CSS) should be different for both pages. That is why this code excludes it.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)