Home Forums WoodMart support forum Rich Snippets: The brand is being misclassified

Rich Snippets: The brand is being misclassified

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Felix
    Participant

Hello,

I have installed the plugin RankMath and noticed through the Google Search Console that the product “brand” is missing in Google Rich Snippets. It seems that the brand is being misclassified under “additionalProperty” instead of “brand”. (Screenshot attached)

From RankMath I got the following code for the functions.php of the theme. But with it only “Rank Math” is registered as brand. So the value is not dynamically taken from the DB for every product.

add_filter( 'rank_math/snippet/rich_snippet_product_entity', function( $entity ) {
    $entity['brand'] = 'Rank Math';
    return $entity;
    });

I don’t think the solution lies in this code, but in the correct assignment.

Can you guys help?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Could you please check how it works with some default WordPress theme like twentysixteen to understand is it our theme issue or not?

Regards

Felix
    Participant

Hi,

sorry, I can’t switch to another theme on the live page.

But the brand function is integrated in the theme and therefore part of Woodmart. So it doesn’t work with a standard theme like twentysixteen, I think.

Could the problem be the taxonomy name? Because the brands names are stored under “pa_marke” and not under an English standard name (like e.g. pa_brand(s))?

Maybe this prevents the correct assignment.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Brands are just product attributes and they behave in the same way on all themes. Our theme just displays it in a different way but we don’t influence the schema markup.

Regards

Felix
    Participant

OK, I get it. Then woodmart is not optimized for search engine snippets.

In this case the solution is probably the functions.php code. Any tip on how to get a dynamic brand entry there?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

It doesn’t mean that our theme is not optimized for search engines of course. Rich snippets come with WooCommerce plugin and if they don’t display their attributes it is not a theme issue.

If you want to customize it by your own, you can find an example how to get the product brands in the file inc/integrations/woocommerce/modules/brands.php.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)