Home Forums WoodMart support forum Saving variation image (swatch) with absolute path & displaying full size image

Saving variation image (swatch) with absolute path & displaying full size image

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

deezign
    Participant

I noticed that swatch images of variations are being saved in the database in URL format (absolute path), displaying full image size on the frontend and affecting the speed of the website in case of many variations.

I don’t see it as good practice. My suggestion is to insert the ID of the attachment instead of the URL and allow the user to change the size of thumbnail (through filter) that appears in the frontend.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

I saw the screenshot you attached. Sorry but this is the default behavior and there is no option available to change it.

For now and I am forwarding this to our development department for considering adding it to the theme, but I am not giving you the guarantee for that because please note that a theme cannot satisfy all requirements as it may cause theme heaviness. Sometimes it may require your own customization. So if the development department finds it fit with the theme environment then surely they will look through it.

Regards.
    Xtemos Studios.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)