Home Forums Basel support forum Search Bar and Breadcrumbs

Search Bar and Breadcrumbs

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

kwoodberry
    Participant

Hey there, I have 2 questions:
    1) I am completely confused about how the search functionality works. I have certain attribute values as well as CPT UI (a taxonomy plugin for terms on a product) – neither of which can find the product. However, when I run a FILTER on that term, the product will come up. For example, if you just go to SHOP and click on Style – Abstract (on the filters on the left), you will get a list of products. If you instead just go to the search bar up above and type in ‘abstract,’ you get nothing. Is there a way I can indicate terms for the search/find?
    ALSO, if you search on a term in the box (ie: abstract), and then go to the filters on the left, and click on something that HAS ITEMS, it will come up empty just because you did the search box first. YIKES!

2) Breadcrumbs are a nightmare. I would like the breadcrumbs on my site to include the word ‘shop,’ so that you can back up to the shop page. I have gone to settings-permalinks and put under ‘Category base’ the word ‘shop,’ but that has done nothing. Under Product Permalinks, I have put /shop/%product_cat%/ under Custom…. Suddenly, I only have the name of the product. I would like the breadcrumbs on the products to read Home / Shop / Bed & Bath / #nameofproduct

3) Things are moving at a snail’s pace on my site, and I have an upgraded hosting account. I have Smushed all images… Any other ideas (especially for the shop page).

THANK YOU!

kwoodberry
    Participant

Ok – figured out #2 – I think I had to just empty cache! DUH.

(and there were 3 questions, not 2… sorry)

I’m still miffed by the search and wondering how I can get the site to run faster.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

1. Search mechanism comes with WooCommerce and it doesn’t depend on our theme. It searches for titles and products descriptions, but not for terms.

3. Could you please try to deactivate all external plugins to test what is the root of the slow speed problem?

Regards

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)