Home Forums Basel support forum Search Bar in Main Navigation Menu Freezes on Mobile Devices

Search Bar in Main Navigation Menu Freezes on Mobile Devices

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Warren Pickard
    Participant

Hi There,

When viewing our site on a mobile device and clicking on three small horizontal bars in the top right corner to open the main navigation menu here:
    https://hnwgallery.com/img_0856/

…when the main navigation menu opens on the left side, a search box appears at the top of the menu.
    When you type a subject into the search box (such as “Buildings”), that small circle to the right starts spinning (and this is correct). However, most people are used to typing their subject and clicking on the “Go” button in the bottom right corner.

The problem is that as soon as you click on “Go” in the bottom right corner, that circle (to the right of “Buildings”) stops spinning and the screen freezes up. And there is no way to go back into the search box to move the cursor or edit the word “Buildings” to get the circle spinning again. In other words, customers think something is broken as soon as the circle stops spinning and the screen freezes up.

To be clear, the tiny little circle (next to “VIRGIN” in the top left corner) will still spin and it will eventually deliver the search results. However, most customers don’t stick around that long, because they think something is broken.

Do you know how to make the circle next to “Buildings” keep spinning, even if someone clicks on the “Go” button?

Hello,

Please deactivate all the plugins not related to the theme check the issue again, compare how it works on our demo https://demo.xtemos.com/basel/

I have checked your site on mobile, it was spinning a little bit longer but finally opened the product I tried to find. I suppose your plugins may influence.

Best Regards

Warren Pickard
    Participant

Thanks Elise,

We will give this a try.

You are welcome! If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Search Bar in Main Navigation Menu Freezes on Mobile Devices’ is closed to new replies.