Home Forums Basel support forum Search function acting strange with language

Search function acting strange with language

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

coris8
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m currently experiencing a bug with the product search: when I’m in a page in french or in english and I’m looking for a product in the search field the product shown in the dropdown menu refers to products in german (the 3rd language of my website)????! though when I click on the button search and not on the product in the dropdown menu I land in the search in the correct language..
    Any Idea?
    Many thanks in advance for your help
    Best

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Could you please provide your admin access, FTP credentials and examples of product names to check? We will investigate this problem and try to fix it.

Regards

coris8
    Participant

Hi, thanks in advance for your help!

Well actually the search results in the dropdown menu of the search field are now always in french even when I’m on a german page or on a page in english.

You can test with the following keywords:
    Knoll
    Eames
    Barbi
    Breuer
    Juhl

By the way it also struggle to show correctly the sign “&” (see with keywords “Eames”)

Thanks!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

It seems that you have some caching mechanism that caches all search AJAX request. Could you please turn it off?

coris8
    Participant

Hi, I deactivated wp rocket my cache plugin, but the search continues to bug the same way. Can you check?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Strange, but when we are logged in it works correctly. Maybe the cache is disabled only for logged in users? Please check it.

coris8
    Participant

Hi there!
    Are you sure it’s a cache issue?
    My webmaster did hide the category archive from the shop root, could that be the issue?
    Thanks 🙂

coris8
    Participant

Hi, we did some tests deactivate wp rocket, delete some function in htacces and nothing change. it’s not a cache issue, I think. we now have every categories back into the shop roots, and it doesn’t change the bug either..
    Do you maybe have an example of a multilingual website using your theme with the search field working properly?
    Thanks

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Sorry, but we don’t have an example now to show you. Did you test the search function while logged in? Seems that our theme works correctly if you are logged in.

coris8
    Participant

hi, yes I know it works while logged in. But well my user won’t be logged in, so it’s very annoying 🙁
    Any clue where the bug could come? it doesn’t seem to be the cache as we did deactivate every cache function to test and nothing works..
    Would it be possible that the search is not quite compatible with wpml? could wpml causes this bug?
    Help!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sure, it is a very big problem for users and we would be very happy to fix it. Are you able to ask WPML for a quick look at this issue also? Maybe they will give us some hint. Try to describe this issue in details and add that it happens only for not logged users. Write us about results.

Regards

coris8
    Participant

Hi, I come back from the WPML support. He don’t see any problem in the debug log. Though he tried to install the search in a copy of my Basel theme, but it wasn’t possible. Can you please explain in a detailed way how to activate the search field? I would copy the step by step instructions for the wpml support.

Many thanks in advance
    Best

PS: Would it be possible to check with wpml on your end? since the bug is theme related and it’s getting above my technical competence I’m afraid

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Do you mean that they tried to install Basel on their website to test with the plugin? And what problem with the search field did they face? Actually, it is active by default in the header or can be turned on/off in Theme Settings -> Header -> Other.

Contact us if you need any additional information or help.

Regards

coris8
    Participant

Hi, it seems that there is a compatibility issue between the ajax search and wpml. Can you give me your email, that wpml support can contact you? Many thanks in advance.
    Best

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Sure, xtemos.studio@gmail.com

Regards

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)