Home Forums WoodMart support forum Search function does not search within product attributes mainly brand

Search function does not search within product attributes mainly brand

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

the search does not show any results when search for product brand which is setup as an attribute

For example
    SYANART

Hello,

The search works on a product keyword. This is the Woocommerce feature and our theme can only suggest search by SKU. You can enable the feature in the Theme Settings > Shop > Search by product SKU

Best Regards

Hello,

No i mean for the product attribute not SKU.
    for example the attribute value: brand name

Also we have a search plugin that we would like to use which will include attribute search,
    here is the response from the plugin developers:

After inspecting your website I’ve noticed that the search field located in the header doesn’t use the WPS powered search field. This should have happened automatically but as it seems your theme doesn’t use the default WordPress search API. However, in such cases you can integrate it by modifying the appropriate template and use the WPS function as described in our documentation:

https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/woocommerce-product-search/api/examples/

If you find it hard to locate which template to modify, it would also be helpful to contact your theme developer and ask for explicit instructions on how the default search field is rendered. In any case and if you need further assistance, you may contact us again here.

Can you please help us modify the theme search to use the new search plugin

Thank you

Hi

I found a solution using relevanssi search.
    we can close this ticket

thank you

Hello,

We are glad you have solved the issue. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Search function does not search within product attributes mainly brand’ is closed to new replies.