Home Forums WoodMart support forum Search is set to find products but displays also articles

Search is set to find products but displays also articles

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Othes
    Participant

Hi,

I set search in Header Builder to “Products”, but get products & articles in both ajax results and results page. Why do you think this happens ?

Also, could you please tell me how to change search form’s placeholder text ! I can’t figure out how to do so.

Thank you

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Perhaps your products and articles may have equal titles.
    Please provide your site admin access to the private area.

Best Regards

Othes
    Participant

Thanks for your reply.

Perhaps your products and articles may have equal titles.

No. I have only two articles with no similar product title. The title or core of the article may contain a search keyword, that’s all.

Also, could you please tell me how to change search form’s placeholder text ! I can’t figure out how to do so.

Thanks

Othes
    Participant

Another question please: How to remove search bar from mobile menu ?

Hello,

You can translate/rewrite all theme and plugin texts via PO file in WordPress. Here is a video tutorial that should help you translate your website texts with a Loco Translate plugin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3NsDdMzsls&list=PLMw6W4rAaOgKKv0oexGHzpWBg1imvrval&index=3

Please check the video tutorial to see how to save the translation file correctly. You can remove the plugin and translations would remain. Also, translations would remain after each theme update.

As for the search in the Mobile menu, you can disable it just in the Mobile menu element of the Header builder.

Best Regards

Othes
    Participant

Thank you Elise. Your answers are helpful.

The main issue remains though. Still getting results from the blog while searching for products.

Regards

Hello,

Now your shopping cart widget is white: https://prnt.sc/uewgru

Please clarify the problem if any.

Best Regards

Othes
    Participant

Hi,

There might have been some confusion. Your last answer should maybe has been sent to someone else.
    I don’t have a problem with shopping cart. Here is my question:

I set search in Header Builder to “Products”, but get products & articles in both ajax results and results page. Why do you think this happens ?

Thanks

Hello,

Yes, sorry it was sent by mistake.

I am checking your search and it finds the product. Please provide the keyword, which would call both products and posts.

Best Regards

Othes
    Participant

“chat” for example.

Hello,

I inserted the word and got at the product page, then I inserted three letters I see products only: https://prnt.sc/ufsndv

Best Regards

Othes
    Participant

Hi,

Please just scroll down.

Regards

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Please deactivate all the plugins not related to the theme and switch the parent theme, check the issue.

Best Regards

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)