Home Forums WoodMart support forum Search speed really slow

Search speed really slow

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Budapestis
    Participant

Hi,

The instant search speed as I add more and more products really slows down. It looks like depends on the number of the products (we have around 1200), not server response time. It makes sense since it has to search in a bigger database, but it takes around 6-10 secs to show any results. We are changing from prestashop to woocommerce, and we have instant search on our presta site also with pictures and search in SKU, with the same amount of products and it loads the results in 1-2 sec.

Do you know what could be the problem, and any idea how to make it search a little faster?

Budapestis
    Participant

Oh forgot about the URL: http://vofa.hu/finish

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Do you mean that the problem appears only with AJAX search function? When you submit the form it works faster? Could you please check how fast will it be if you will disable the SKU search option.

Budapestis
    Participant

Hi,

The speed is about the same if I turn SKU search off, beside that, it’s really important for us to be able to search is SKUs. That was one of the reasons why we have purchased your theme.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Did you test other cases we ask you? And also compare the speed between our theme and default WordPress theme.

Budapestis
    Participant

Hi,

In I turn off ajax search it’s much faster with the submit form.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Could you please provide us your admin and FTP access so we can check what is wrong there? It may take some time to troubleshoot it so we will be able to do this tomorrow.

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)