Home Forums Basel support forum Search stuck at bottom of page

Search stuck at bottom of page

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

thevintagepearl
    Participant

The ajax search seems to be getting stuck at the bottom of the page so it looks like it is finding no search results, even though it might be.

thevintagepearl
    Participant

I don’t see the link posted so I will repost it. You can view the behavior at https://tvpwdev.ttcprojects.com.

Thanks for any help

Hello,

Please deactivate all the plugins not related to the theme and switch the parent theme, check the issue, If the problem has gone, activate the plugins one by one, checking the issue to detect which one causes the problem.

if the problem remains, even after the plugins deactivated, please, provide your site admin access to the private area.

Please confirm the permit for us to deactivate the plugins not related to the theme and switch to the parent theme for the while of checking what may take up to 15 minutes.

Best Regards

thevintagepearl
    Participant

Yes, this is a test site so you can deactivate when you want.

Hello,

Please provide your site admin access to the private area.

Best Regards

thevintagepearl
    Participant

sorry, should have thought about that. I will include it in private content.

Hello,

I am checking the search and I find the products I need: https://prnt.sc/10b5c44

Then I try to search again, I cannot, now I have deactivated the child theme and all the plugins not related to the theme, the search works correctly. Please enable the plugins one by one checking the search to detect what plugin causes the problem.

Then finally enable the child theme.

Best Regards

thevintagepearl
    Participant

I meant to tell you that I went back to the site yesterday, having made no changes, and it was back up in the middle of the page.

It seems to be something that comes and goes. This morning, after you have disabled everything, it is back on the bottom again and I have made no changes.

So then I tested a bit more and found that it appears to work correctly on every page except the home page. And this is with everything disabled. Then it started working again and even as I enabled plugins it continued to work.

Now everything is activated and it is still working. Is there any way to just change how the search works and not use the pop up?

Hello,

You can set the “Base header” layout in the Theme Settings > Header > Header layout and the search would be as a search form.

Best Regards

thevintagepearl
    Participant

Ok, thanks I will just go with that for now since it is too incosistent

Hello,

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

Tagged: 

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)