Home Forums WoodMart support forum Search terms in search bar not showing in google analytics

Search terms in search bar not showing in google analytics

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

contactpleazurr
    Participant

Hello,

Ever since switching to the wodmart theme from Dokan theme, the search terms in search bar not showing in google analytics. This is probably related to the search bar on the woodmart theme is a different one, but how can I get the search terms people are searching for in the woodmart search bar to show up in my Google analytics’?

Please see private content for more info.

I have searching myself the past few days for search terms in the search bar but it is not showing up in google analytics.

Please advise.

Hello,

Could you please check how it works with the default wordpress theme just to check whether the issue with our theme or not.

Best Regards

contactpleazurr
    Participant

Hi Aizaz,

This is not possible to check as the search bar is from the Woodmart theme’ header: https://snipboard.io/GrR2v8.jpg. If I switch themes, the header will not show up:. Please see private content for video.

Please advise.

Hello,

You need to check first how the search bar of the default wordpress theme works.

Best Regards

contactpleazurr
    Participant

Hello,

You need to check first how the search bar of the default wordpress theme works.

Which search bar am I suppose to use for the default wordpress theme? It was working fine when i was using the Dokan theme. When I was using the Dokan theme, the search bar I had there was working fine and showing the terms people were searching for on my site in Google analytics. If I switch to a different theme, I will then need to create a new header for that theme then (including a new search bar).

So It was working fine before switching to the woodmart theme.

Please advise.

Hello,

You can check the default search functionality with the woocommerce search widget.

Our header builder uses this search form also.

Best Regards

contactpleazurr
    Participant

Hello,

How do I add a new header then to test this? Since the header I am currently using is from woodmart header builder and only works on the woodmart theme.

Please see video in private content and let me know how to add a new header when testing in another theme.

Please advise

Hello,

You can check the working with the default theme by adding the woocommerce search widget in the sidebar from Appearance >> Widgets.

Best Regards

contactpleazurr
    Participant

Hello,

I need more info here. Please see the video in private content and let me know which “search” widget I must use (it does not say if it’s woocommerce” and where am I supposed to put it exactly?

Hello,

You need to add the product search widget in the Shop page widget area.

Screenshot: https://gyazo.com/775d476ca943af915d874dc91e374b77

Best Regards

contactpleazurr
    Participant

Hello,

This is not possible as the “Shop page widget” does not show in storefront. Please see video in private content.

Hello,

By default the Storefront Theme has the Sidebar widget Area you can add the search widget to it.

Screenshot: https://gyazo.com/bce5bea03bc0946866a26a5a25330920

Best Regards

contactpleazurr
    Participant

Hello,

So it looks like the issue is coming from the search bar in my woodmart theme. If someone searches for something and then clicks on one of the drop downs, this does not count as a “search term” in Google analytics.

How can this search term show up even if something from the drop down menus is selected? This causes a HUGE issue in trying to see what site users are searching for, to help better optimize my website.

Please advise.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Try to add the following code snippet to the Custom JS on the document ready area in Theme Settings to fix this issue.

jQuery('.wd-search-form').on('mousedown', '.autocomplete-suggestion', function(e) {
        var key = jQuery('.wd-search-form').find('input[type="text"]').val();
        ga('send', 'pageview', '/?s=' + key + '&post_type=product&product_cat=0');
    });

Kind Regards

contactpleazurr
    Participant

Hello,

This did not fix the issue. I have added the code (as seen here: https://snipboard.io/pn4tZN.jpg)

Anything I searched for and then clicked on an item from the drop down menu does not get counted as a search term.

Please advise.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

In this case, we need to be able to troubleshoot this and somehow test when some term is tracked by Google or not.
    The code we sent you is taken from Google documentation and adapted to our search form.

contactpleazurr
    Participant

Thank you, what must I do now?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Provide us access to your Google Analytics dashboard and send us step-by-step instructions about how you test this issue.

Kind Regards

contactpleazurr
    Participant

Hi there,

The issue seems to be that when there is a drop down of products, it won’t be counted as a search term since the user goes to the product URL.

Is there a way to disable to dropdown of products showing when someone types something in the search bar?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You can edit the search form in your header via Dashboard -> WoodMart -> Header builder -> current header and disable AJAX search option there.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)