Home Forums Basel support forum Search translated products

Search translated products

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

ATSMarketing
    Participant

Hi!
    I have created 2 sites using the Basel theme and I am using WPML to translate.
    Based on the tests I have made it looks like search only looks at the products in the main site language.
    I have 8 products in FR and 0 in EN. If the main site language is set to FR I can search for the products but if I switch the main site language to EN it does not find anything.
    If the site’s main language is set to EN and I have products translated to FR, if I am in the FR version of the site I should be able to look for the products translated in FR. Currently if the main site language is EN I can’t find any products if I type in FR even if I am in the FR version of the site.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Could you please check how it works with default WordPress theme to see if it is our theme issue?

Regards

ATSMarketing
    Participant

I have tried the default 2016 theme and search works as expected.
    Both sites using Basel have the same issue with the search feature though. Upon further investigation, I have discovered that the problem is actually with the autocomplete results. The search is performed correctly if I click the “Search” button or the “Enter” key, but the autocomplete drop-down shows the results only in the main site language.
    As you can see in the screenshots, even though I am in the English version of the site and I look for a product in English I get results in French in the drop-down. If I click on the results provided in the drop-down, it takes me to the French product.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Please, provide us your admin and FTP access so we can check it.

ATSMarketing
    Participant

Find the information requested below.
    Please let me know if there’s anything I can do regarding this issue: “Your theme (Basel) contains outdated copies of some WooCommerce template files. “

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We have fixed this issue for you, please, check how it works now.

Changes made in the file woodmart/functions.phphttp://prntscr.com/ifxrgf
    and in the woodmart/js/functions.jshttp://prntscr.com/ifxros

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)