Home Forums WoodMart support forum Searchning Performance Issue

Searchning Performance Issue

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

epicneo
    Participant

Dear XTemos,

I’m facing a performance issue with searching, especially if we are using the header free word search. During search the CPU is going to 100% (other like I/O is OK) and kill the site for minutes. I think it’s SQL issue but I’m not sure (show processlist show nothing). We have around 2000 products but on the current LIVE site with a different theme it’s not a problem. Everything else working fine and fast with your them!

Thanks for your help in advance!

Daniel

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

By the way, would you be able to test this search form with default WordPress theme to check if it is our theme issue or not? Also, how do you test your server CPU loading?

Regards

epicneo
    Participant

Thanks for the answer.

If I change back the theme to the oirginal, the searching is working.

It seems the problem escalated on search result with the variable products. Instantly kill the site for minutes (100% CPU overload). It’s slow with the formal theme (2+ sec) as well but useful and not kill the site.

Now I’m using cpanel logs/snapshots/CPU (I have limited access to the servers), query monitor plugin for SQL/PHP tasks and Chrome performance monitor for frontend. No sign of root of the problem yet. PHP Debug say nothing.

Would you recommend where should I continue the debugging? Do you have own searching mechanics or using WP built in?

Thank you in advance!

epicneo
    Participant

After some analysis it seems that the problem in php woocommerce/theme side. If I delete the variable product, the situation definitely better but the search still struggle if I switch between bigger categories.

I may setup a debug environment the debug the code but I’m not sure I want to do that:)

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

As we can see from your logs, maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in WooCommerce plugin files so most likely it is a plugin issue since our theme adds nothing to the search mechanism. The only one thing you may try is to disable search by sku option in Theme Settings.

epicneo
    Participant

Right, the core search stuck, however – I guess – It’s fault of a query. Don’t you ask for Every aspect of Variable product? We have some product with 45 subtypes and if I search for that category if you ask for every individual attributes it’s ~5000 product data on a page. I’ve tried with several different themes (twenty sixteen, twenty fifteen, shopisle etc.) and no issue If I searched for Variable product category. On woodmart it’s kill the site immediately .

epicneo
    Participant

Finnaly I could reproduce the error on a “Virgin” install.

1, Virgin WP
    2, Install Woodmart
    3, Download dummy content
    4, Change Variable product example – add more color and add all brands – 45 variances
    5, Copy the product 4-5 times
    6, Search furniture cathegory
    7, Voala!

Definitely something wrong with big Variable product handling (and not on SQL side)

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Did you try to deactivate the SKU search? Could you please give us access to your Virgin WP installation?

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)